Now accepting uPSC Community Representative nominations due 8/21

Jim Helwig

Aug 8, 2019, 1:43:44 PM8/8/19
to uPortal Community
Community members,

We are electing new members to the uPortal Steering Committee. On the uportal-dev list there is a call for developer representatives, but on the this list we are looking for 2 community representatives to be nominated to join Cheryl Palafox-Stewart and Laura McCord who are continuing their two-year terms.

We encourage you to consider joining the uPSC! The committee meets by web conference monthly for an hour. You can read more about our responsibilities at https://www.apereo.org/projects/uportal/uportal-steering-committee. Topics we typically discuss include project health, documentation, marketing, communication, and security incident handling. Whether you are a uPortal user, adopter, or developer, your input is valued.

Please consider nominating yourself or someone else to serve on the uPortal Steering Committee as a community representative. Anyone can be nominated and nominations should be done on-list by 3:00pm, CST, Tuesday August 21st. Shortly thereafter, the uPSC will elect 2 candidates to fill 2 two-year terms.

JimH

Aaron Grant

Aug 8, 2019, 4:50:38 PM8/8/19
to Jim Helwig, uPortal Community
Hi Jim,

Our developer at Oakland University, Nick Woodle, would be a good choice. He has been focused on working on uPortal in our central IT department and worked in our student service division at Oakland for a few years and has a lot of good knowledge to bring to the team. He's leading our uPortal upgrade efforts now at Oakland and has given me a lot of feedback on ways to improve uPortal and MySAIL.

I would like to nominate him.

Thanks,
Aaron

Aaron Grant
Interim Director of Enterprise Systems

Christian Cousquer

Aug 9, 2019, 11:13:23 PM8/9/19
to Aaron Grant, Jim Helwig, uPortal Community
Heya Folks,

Nicholas Woodle is the one behind mySail?
Aaron told us he is cool and has lots of knowledge to bring?
Instant +1.
😄
-Christian C

Julien Gribonvald

Aug 19, 2019, 11:55:27 AM8/19/19
to uporta...@apereo.org

Hi folks,

I'm available and I would like to continue to serve the community.

Thanks,

Julien

Chris Beach

Aug 19, 2019, 11:59:30 AM8/19/19
to uporta...@apereo.org
+1 for Julien

:)

Chris

Christian Cousquer

Aug 19, 2019, 12:01:58 PM8/19/19
to Chris Beach, uporta...@apereo.org
+1 for Julien
🙂
Christian

Jim Helwig

Sep 10, 2019, 3:50:03 PM9/10/19
to uPortal Community
A belated announcement that Nick Woodle, Oakland University, and Julien Gribonvald, GIP RECIA, have been elected to serve as community representatives on the uPortal Steering Committee!

Welcome to you both!

JimH
uPSC Chair

Benito Gonzalez

Sep 10, 2019, 5:35:48 PM9/10/19
to uPortal Community
Congrats!!

--bjagg

Sep 11, 2019, 2:58:33 AM9/11/19
to Benito Gonzalez, uPortal Community

Julien Gribonvald

Sep 11, 2019, 3:41:42 AM9/11/19
to uporta...@apereo.org

Thanks and like Benito I'm happy to be back !

Congrats Benito and Nick !!