NPE in WebAppNameContainsStringPredicate

Andrew Petro

Oct 10, 2019, 12:59:20 PM10/10/19
to uPortal Community
Anyone seen errors like this before?

ERROR [ajp-nio-8009-exec-67-jwhelwig] o.j.p.r.p.WebAppNameContainsStringPredicate 2019-10-10 11:16:03,731 - Failed to process web app name contains string check for redirect during pipeline. Failing gracefully by returning false.
java.lang.NullPointerException: null

They either just started happening recently, or I just started noticing them recently.

I've got a not-yet-in-production logging change to gather more information, hoping that will shed light on what MyUW is doing when this NPE happens.

Andrew Petro

Nov 7, 2019, 2:58:45 PM11/7/19
to uPortal Community
Apparently this was happening when the predicate was considering a request to render a framework portlet (that is, a portlet in the main uPortal .war rather than in one of the other .wars in Tomcat).