Sakai Connecter Portlet not working in uPortal

Fritz

Jan 18, 2021, 8:30:42 PM1/18/21
to uPortal Community
Hello,

I've setup the Web Services and enabled the LTI provider in my Sakai deployment and its working fine but when using the sakai connector portlet in the uPortal its not working and giving error (Not Configured Yet). Although all the LTI credentials are correct.
Capture.PNG

Fritz

Jan 20, 2021, 12:57:25 PM1/20/21
to uPortal Community, Fritz

Any help?

Christopher Holdorph

Jan 20, 2021, 2:52:17 PM1/20/21
to Fritz, uPortal Community
I wasn't sure what you were talking about, so I did a google search and came up with this link?

Is that what you're trying to use?  If so, I think there are a couple of things to mention.  One, that seems to have been authored mostly by Steve Swinsburg, who was mostly active in the Sakai community.  He also moved on from working at a university in Autstralia into non-academic job several years ago.  Which given the lack up updates on that github repo seems to match up.

The main point is, this could be either a uportal or a sakai problem, but I would make a guess it's more on the sakai side.  But to do deeper debugging you'd probably want to reach out to the original developer.  Even if he is not using it, he might know if anyone else is using/maintaining it.  I don't personally recognize the name of any of the other 'contributors' of that repository.  In terms of others who have 'forked' that repo, I see that Christian Murphy and Benitio Gonzalez both have and they are active on this mailing list (though, i don't think either of them do much with Sakai right now).

---- Cris J H

Fritz

Jan 21, 2021, 7:16:25 AM1/21/21
to uPortal Community, holdorph, uPortal Community, Fritz
Yes thats the one i'm using.

Every thing is working fine on Sakai end as LTI provider is configured correctly. I tried to use Basic LTI portlet also but its showing a blank page.

Benito Gonzalez

Jan 21, 2021, 3:04:03 PM1/21/21
to Fritz, uPortal Community
I have never used this portlet, personally. Sakai and LTI have both evolved quite a bit in the last several years.

Cris offers excellent advice of reaching out to some of the developers.

Best,
--bjagg