uPortal Winter Summit discussion

Jim Helwig

Oct 2, 2019, 4:05:10 PM10/2/19
to uPortal Community
Hi all,

The uPortal Steering Committee has been discussing the annual uPortal summit. Our current plan is to hold it in Orlando Orlando Jan 27-29, 2020 at the Holiday Inn Orlando-Disney Springs Area, co-located with the Sakai Camp. The event registration cost would be minimal if any. We would meet in a separate room, but there would be opportunity to mingle with the Sakai folks or drop in on their sessions.

We have scheduled a call in two weeks for us as a community to talk about what we want to get out of the summit.
- What topics should we discuss?
- What development might we collaborate on?
- What demos might we want to share with each other?
- What would make this a compelling event for you?
- Are you likely to attend?

We invite everyone to participate or listen in on the call. It will give you an opportunity to learn more about it so you can decide if you want to attend. It will also give you a chance to shape the event.

Please join the discussion, Wednesday October 16, 11:00am ET. We will use a google hangout, https://goo.gl/w6yu3F

I hope to see you then!
JimH

Thanks,
JimH
—
Jim Helwig
uPSC chair

Benito Gonzalez

Oct 2, 2019, 4:26:26 PM10/2/19
to Jim Helwig, uPortal Community
Thanks Jim,

Looking forward to hearing about what topics are of interest!

Regards,
--bjagg

Oct 11, 2019, 3:31:21 PM10/11/19
to uPortal Community, jim.h...@wisc.edu
I am on a missions trip the week before that, so I'll probably not be able to make it. I'll probably attend some virtually.

Jim Helwig

Oct 14, 2019, 1:20:53 PM10/14/19
to uPortal Community
Just a reminder to join us on a google hangout (https://goo.gl/w6yu3F) this Wednesday October 16 at 11:00am ET to discuss what would make a face-to-face gathering in Orlando 1/27-29 successful.

JimH

—
Jim Helwig
Web Platforms & Services, UW-Madison

Benito Gonzalez

Oct 15, 2019, 5:50:23 PM10/15/19
to uPortal Community
Hi folks,

I will not be able to make the call tomorrow due to a conflict.

I am planning to make the uPortal Winter Summit, however!!

For my part, I am happy to provide some training and updates on uPortal. Would also like to discuss uPortal roadmap more.

Best,
--bjagg

Oct 16, 2019, 10:49:59 AM10/16/19
to uporta...@apereo.org
I have created a 2020 winter summit document where we can put notes from today’s call as well as continue planning the event after the call.

If you log into gdocs using the email you are subscribed to the list with you will have edit access, but it should be visible to anyone.

Speak with you shortly at https://goo.gl/w6yu3F
JimH

—