JGroups Configuration

Paul Saltsman

Mar 26, 2021, 2:40:41 PM3/26/21
to uPortal Community

Good afternoon,

We recently moved our uPortal installation to different servers, but yesterday while performing a dataImport I noticed that it is stilling trying to send a message to the old servers which I was able to replicate on our test server:

 [ant:java] SEVERE: JGRP000029: oci-uportal-tc-tst-65253: failed sending message to uportal-tc-tst-2-19703 (122 bytes): java.net.SocketTimeoutException: connect timed out, headers: GMS: GmsHeader[JOIN_REQ]: mbr=oci-uportal-tc-tst-65253, AUTH: token=org.jgroups.auth.MD5Token@7a1a3eee, UNICAST3: DATA, seqno=1, conn_id=2, first, TP: [cluster_name=uPortal.cacheManager]

 It’s been awhile since our initial setup and config so the issue with JGroups is not coming to me right away.  Does anyone happen to know, or can point me in the right direction, for fixing this?  It doesn’t seem to prevent the dataImport from completing successfully, but I would like to understand what’s causing it.

Thanks,

Paul

Julien Gribonvald

Mar 26, 2021, 2:57:31 PM3/26/21
to uporta...@apereo.org

Hi Paul,

I don't remember well on this part, but you have a table in the database that save addr of registered servers.

And to fix settings on my side I set on each servers these env properties (different per server):

export JAVA_OPTS="$JAVA_OPTS -Djgroups.bind_addr=thisserver.internal.dns Djgroups.tcpping.initial_hosts=otherserver1.internal.dns[7800],otherserver2.internal.dns[7800],otherserver3.internal.dns[7800]"

I'm setting it from JAVA_OPTS, but you have other ways ;)

Julien Gribonvald

Benito Gonzalez

Mar 26, 2021, 5:31:40 PM3/26/21
to Julien Gribonvald, uPortal Community
Hi Paul,

Look at the table UP_JGROUPS_AUTH. If you see any references to the old servers, go ahead and delete the rows.

Best,
-bjagg