Looking for a left navbar

Benito Gonzalez

Nov 18, 2019, 7:58:47 PM11/18/19
to uPortal Developers, uPortal Community
Hi folks,

Who has a left navigation bar for their portal? And, are you willing to share it?

Best,

Benito J. Gonzalez
Software Developer
Unicon, Inc.
Voice:  209.777.2754
 Text:  209.777.2754
Email:  bgon...@unicon.net
GitHub:  bjagg
GitLab:  bjagg
BitBucket:  bjagg

Christian Cousquer

Nov 20, 2019, 6:01:06 AM11/20/19
to Benito Gonzalez, uPortal Developers, uPortal Community
heya Benito,

a beginning of a solution for you in 3 CSS rules change...

I'm sure that in less than 10 lines of CSS overlay, and by changing the position and orientation of the toggle button (on the left and oriented in the other direction), you can have a navigation on the left...

 -christian

Christian Cousquer

Nov 20, 2019, 6:27:18 AM11/20/19
to Benito Gonzalez, uPortal Developers, uPortal Community

change to
background: linear-gradient(to left, @offcanvas-background-color 0%, darken(@offcanvas-background-color, 10%) 260px, darken(@offcanvas-background-color, 50%) 270px, @offcanvas-background-color 271px, @offcanvas-background-color 100%);/* W3C */

😉

Benito J. Gonzalez

Nov 20, 2019, 11:13:22 AM11/20/19
to Christian Cousquer, uPortal Developers, uPortal Community
Thank you, Christian!!
—bjagg

Benito J. Gonzalez
Senior Software Developer

Unicon, Inc.
Voice:  209.777.2754
 Text:  209.777.2754
Email:  bgon...@unicon.net
GitHub:  bjagg
BitBucket:  bjagg

This email has been scanned for spam and viruses by Proofpoint Essentials. Click here to report this email as spam.

Andrew Petro

Nov 25, 2019, 12:56:06 PM11/25/19
to uPortal Community, uport...@apereo.org
Not sure I understand what you're looking for, but for whatever it's worth

has a left-hand hamburger menu. :)

-Andrew