Themeing CAS best practice !

noumann.f

Jan 7, 2018, 4:48:14 AM1/7/18
to CAS Community
Hi,

I'm in the verge of theming my CAS 5.1.x instance, I'm reading in the official documentation here:
https://apereo.github.io/cas/5.1.x/installation/User-Interface-Customization-CSSJS.html

It commands to add new .css file not .scss file, I could infer from this that we shouldn't work with the SASS files BUT with the resulted CSS files! Am I understanding this well or not!??

Is there any guides (best practice steps) we can follow for such need?

Regards,

noumann.f

Jan 7, 2018, 6:16:05 AM1/7/18
to CAS Community
Hi,

Following this:
https://apereo.github.io/cas/5.1.x/installation/User-Interface-Customization-Themes.html

I did:
  • From the cas v5.1.x github repo, I copy the `/static/themes/apereo` directory with all it's content into my `/resources/cas-theme-custom` directory,
  • Add a file `cas-theme-custom.properties` in the `/resources` directory with the following content in it:
    • standard.custom.css.file=/themes/cas-theme-custom/css/cas.css
      admin.custom.css.file=/themes/cas-theme-custom/css/admin.css
      cas.javascript.file=/themes/cas-theme-custom/js/cas.js

  • Add the following keys in the `cas.properties` file:
    • cas.theme.paramName=theme
      cas.theme.defaultThemeName=cas-theme-custom

Running the project produced the same default login page EXCEPT  that the background color was BLACK instead of BLUE as it used to be!

This came from this CSS rule in the `/themes/cas-theme-custom/css/cas.css` file:

body#cas {
  background
: black;

/* Old browsers */ }

This little issue is concerning me in case I'm doing things wrong, am I?

Best regards.