Test cas with testshib but redirect to cas.exemple.org:8443

Roger Yerbanga

Oct 17, 2018, 9:23:58 AM10/17/18
to CAS Community
Hi all,

I try to test my CAS set up with testShib https://sp.testshib.org/.
When I enter my IDP endpoint as required to do the test, I am redirected to https://cas.example.org:8443.
There is no trace of cas.example.org in my CAS config files, nor in the IDP metadata.
So, I really don't know from where it comes.

I use CAS 5.3.3.
I saw some configurations for CAS 5.2 pretending to use the parameter cas.authn.samlIdp.hostName.
But this parameter does not exist in CAS 5.3.x.

Any advice ?

Regards.

Roger

Roger Yerbanga

Oct 17, 2018, 2:50:25 PM10/17/18
to CAS Community
So :
I flushed all my conf /etc/cas/config -> /etc/cas/config.bac) put a minimal config, restarted CAS with that conf.
Then I checked that the service with cas.exemple.org has disappeared, and ended up by putting back my old conf step by step and restart CAS.

Andy Ng

Oct 18, 2018, 12:50:39 AM10/18/18
to CAS Community
Hi Roger,

I faced that problem before, when I found the issue, I figured out that CAS SAML (also for OAuth and more) relies on redirecting back to itself, and it did so by checking the "cas.server.prefix" and "cas.server.name" config.

So if you haven't set those 2, CAS will be redirected to the default, which is cas.exemple.org

https://apereo.github.io/cas/5.3.x/installation/Configuration-Properties.html#cas-server
# cas.server.name=https://cas.example.org:8443
# cas.server.prefix=https://cas.example.org:8443/cas

You already fixed the problem, so I think this info is useless to you, but maybe other will find interested so might as well post it here...

Cheers!
- Andy