How can I display an error on failed login on the login page?

Thomas Chatzigrigoriou

Sep 30, 2022, 12:19:44 PM9/30/22
to CAS Community
Every time the user enters wrong username or password he is being redirected to the same page with the empty fields ready to retry

I am trying to show a message above the login form that states "wrong username or password"

Is there a way to know if the user just visited the login page or indeed entered wrong username of password and has been redirected to the login page? and how is that possible?

I 've read the cas documentation but with no luck finding something about it.

Any help would be much appreciated

Ray Bon

Oct 3, 2022, 1:46:49 PM10/3/22
to cas-...@apereo.org
Thomas,

The default cas-overlay project displays this message:
Authentication attempt has failed, likely due to invalid credentials. Please verify and try again.

Have you modified the log in page?

Ray

On Fri, 2022-09-30 at 09:19 -0700, 'Thomas Chatzigrigoriou' via CAS Community wrote:
Notice: This message was sent from outside the University of Victoria email system. Please be cautious with links and sensitive information.
--
Ray Bon
Programmer Analyst

I acknowledge and respect the lək̓ʷəŋən peoples on whose traditional territory the university stands, and the Songhees, Esquimalt and WSÁNEĆ peoples whose historical relationships with the land continue to this day.