Send reset password email in html instead of plain text

Marc Maurice

Mar 26, 2018, 11:59:16 AM3/26/18
to CAS Community
Hello all,

We need to send the reset password email in html instead of plain text (marketing demands....).

Looking at the source code it seems simple. It's just a matter of adding a "true" parameter to tell spring that the email is in html :

https://github.com/apereo/cas/blob/5.2.x/core/cas-server-core-util/src/main/java/org/apereo/cas/util/io/CommunicationsManager.java#L102

https://docs.spring.io/spring/docs/3.0.0.M3/reference/html/ch26s03.html

Do you know any simple way to patch the cas server core using the overlay way ? Or do we have to compile the entire stack ?

We really would like to keep the overlay system, in order to ease future updates.

Thanks in advance,
Marc

newbee

Aug 10, 2018, 7:10:11 AM8/10/18
to CAS Community
Did you manage to find a solution to this please? We also have similar requirement. The default format puts a big chunky link for reset password.

Michele Melluso

Apr 11, 2019, 6:03:34 AM4/11/19
to CAS Community

Hi,

I made your same path in finding a solution.

Our problem is that the reset link in plain text is misinterpreted by apple mail client, and when users click the link, the token is truncated at the first dot occurrence.

@cas developers
Would it be a possibility to add a property to be used to eventually add the 'true' for html text? If so we could even submit a pull request about it.

best regards
Michele

Michele Melluso

Apr 11, 2019, 6:13:01 AM4/11/19