JDBC Connection Pooling

Lars Feistner

May 7, 2020, 6:43:26 AM5/7/20
to cas-...@apereo.org
Hi all,

I have multiple jdbc attributeRepositories that connect to the same DB. Thus I just found out that each attributeRepository is using its own Hikari ConnectionPool which makes sense if all would connect with different Databases. In my case this is overhead.

Can I configure cas in a way that all the attributeRepository are using the same Hikari ConnectionPool?

Best regards,
Lars
--
Lars Feistner
Entwicklungsleitung

Dmitriy Kopylenko

May 7, 2020, 10:32:00 AM5/7/20
to cas-...@apereo.org
Indeed, that might be a good idea to reuse a global DataSource for all Jdbc attributes repos. Currently it’s only possible if you have a globally defined JNDI-bound DataSource (but who does JNDI these days?) ;-)

a new DataSource is created, well again, unless you have globally defined JNDI Datasoure. So, currently JNDI is your only option.

Best,
D.
--
- Website: https://apereo.github.io/cas