How to change TLS from 1.0 to 1.1

Andrea Colajacomo

Jul 17, 2022, 11:59:43 AM7/17/22
to CAS Community
Hi all,
we have a version of CAS now not very recent (6.1) and we urgently need to disable TLS 1.0 in favor of TLS 1.1, but it is not clear to us how we can do it nor have we found anything in the documentation. Can anyone help us ?

Thanks to all
Andrea

Andrew Marker

Jul 18, 2022, 9:05:07 AM7/18/22
to cas-...@apereo.org
I think that is actually managed in the application server: Tomcat for example.  So the settings and how you configure it will be determined the how your deploy and what you're using to run CAS.

Many of the settings like this can be set in configuration or as a startup parameter. Below are examples ripped from the documentation, not a recommendation.

<Connector
           protocol="org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11AprProtocol"
           port="8443" maxThreads="200"
           scheme="https" secure="true" SSLEnabled="true"
           SSLCertificateFile="/usr/local/ssl/server.crt"
           SSLCertificateKeyFile="/usr/local/ssl/server.pem"
           SSLVerifyClient="optional" SSLProtocol="TLSv1+TLSv1.1+TLSv1.2"/>

--
- Website: https://apereo.github.io/cas
- Contributions: https://goo.gl/mh7qDG

King, Robert

Jul 18, 2022, 9:45:37 AM7/18/22
to cas-...@apereo.org

Alternatively, if you are running embedded Tomcat as part of the WAR:

https://apereo.github.io/cas/6.2.x/configuration/Configuration-Properties.html#embedded-container

I believe the options you would need are:

server.ssl.protocol=TLS

server.ssl.enabled-protocols=TLSv1.1,TLSv1.2