URGENT : Memory leak issue in PROD

Morning Star

Feb 27, 2022, 10:57:53 AM2/27/22
to CAS Community
Hi Team,

CAS Server version :  6.3.7.4

We are facing a serious memory leak issue in production.
After analyzing the dump file, we could see below observation.

Java Static com.hazelcast.instance.impl.OutOfMemoryErrorDispatcher.SERVER_INSTANCES_REF
<<Object might be causing memory leak.>>

1.png
2.PNG
Can someone help me with the fix or way to address this issue? Will be really thankful if someone help.

Regards,
Morning Star.

Ray Bon

Feb 28, 2022, 11:40:47 AM2/28/22
to cas-...@apereo.org
Morning Star,

Other than our site specific hazelcast settings, these are the only other settings. We have not experienced a memory issue.

cas.ticket.registry.hazelcast.cluster.multicastEnabled=false
cas.ticket.registry.hazelcast.cluster.tcpipEnabled=false

Ray

On Sun, 2022-02-27 at 07:57 -0800, Morning Star wrote:
Notice: This message was sent from outside the University of Victoria email system. Please be cautious with links and sensitive information.
--
Ray Bon
Programmer Analyst

I acknowledge and respect the lək̓ʷəŋən peoples on whose traditional territory the university stands, and the Songhees, Esquimalt and WSÁNEĆ peoples whose historical relationships with the land continue to this day.

Morning Star

Feb 28, 2022, 12:00:45 PM2/28/22
to CAS Community, Ray Bon
Thanks Ray for your response. Let me try this option & get back.

Regards,
Morning.

Morning Star

Feb 28, 2022, 12:42:07 PM2/28/22
to CAS Community, Morning Star, Ray Bon
Hi Ray,

Your help really means a lot to me.
Adding more info: As of now, we have these hazelcast properties in production.
Please take a look & let me know if any of these configuration leads to memory leak.

cas.ticket.registry.hazelcast.page-size=500
cas.ticket.registry.hazelcast.cluster.members=10.xx...,10.xx..,10.xx..
cas.ticket.registry.hazelcast.cluster.instance-name=10.xx..
cas.ticket.registry.hazelcast.cluster.port=5701
cas.ticket.registry.hazelcast.enable-compression=false
cas.ticket.registry.hazelcast.enable-management-center-scripting=true
cas.ticket.registry.hazelcast.crypto.enabled=true
cas.ticket.registry.hazelcast.cluster.asyncBackupCount=1
cas.ticket.registry.hazelcast.cluster.backupCount=0
cas.ticket.registry.hazelcast.crypto.signing.key=keyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
cas.ticket.registry.hazelcast.crypto.signing.keySize=512
cas.ticket.registry.hazelcast.crypto.encryption.key=keyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
cas.ticket.registry.hazelcast.crypto.encryption.keySize=16
cas.ticket.registry.hazelcast.crypto.alg=AES

cas.ticket.registry.cleaner.schedule.start-delay=PT20S
cas.ticket.registry.cleaner.schedule.repeat-interval=PT3600000S
cas.ticket.registry.cleaner.schedule.enabled=true

Regards,
Morning.

Ray Bon

Feb 28, 2022, 4:18:16 PM2/28/22
to cas-...@apereo.org, anusu...@gmail.com
Morning,

The default for repeat-interval is 30s. You have it set for about 20d.
There are a few other properties that differ from the default values (async-backup-count, backup-count, start-delay).

Are you sure you want those property values changed?

Try the defaults and see if the memory problems go away. Then add the properties one at a time.

Ray