Services management webapp in HA configuration?

David Curry

Jul 27, 2016, 8:23:27 AM7/27/16
to CAS Community

I'm planning to build an active-active high availability configuration of multiple CAS servers behind a load balancer. I'm not sure which technology I'm going to use yet, but the configuration will include some sort of replicating service registry (I'm leaning toward MongoDB running on each server with replication configured).

Is it "safe" to just run the services management webapp on all the servers and access it through the load balancer? Will it Do The Right Thing if multiple people access the webapp at the same time from different servers and make changes (unlikely, but possible)? Or should I limit the webapp to a single server?

I assume it's safe, but would feel warmer and fuzzier to have that confirmed. :-)

Thanks,
--Dave

Travis Schmidt

Jul 27, 2016, 10:26:26 AM7/27/16
to David Curry, CAS Community
What we have decided to do for now is to run a single Management app on a separate server from our CAS servers.  Then we use an rsync script to update each CAS server when changes to services occur.  Would be interested to hear what others have come up with for this situation.

Thanks
Travis