What's the stable CAS 5.x GA version?

Mr Rao

Jun 6, 2018, 12:32:30 AM6/6/18
to CAS Community
Hi,
I've been using CAS 5.2.3 for last few months and it seems working fine. I'm trying to deploy it to Production in July and wanted to know if this is stable GA version?

Any one using this version in production yet, I

Thanks
Rao

Uxío Prego

Jun 6, 2018, 3:31:54 AM6/6/18
to cas-...@apereo.org
Idk, 5.2.5 per https://github.com/apereo/cas/releases ? Or the last already prepared for your overlay of choice..

Sent from my iPad
--
- Website: https://apereo.github.io/cas
- Contributions: https://goo.gl/mh7qDG

David Curry

Jun 6, 2018, 7:57:47 AM6/6/18
to cas-...@apereo.org
Since you asked what folks are running in production... We went "live" in production with CAS 5.2.3 in mid-March. We moved to 5.2.4 when it came out because it had a fix we wanted for the management webapp and have been running it since then. We'll be moving to 5.2.5 (came out last Friday) next week (it's running in test now).

--Dave

--

DAVID A. CURRY, CISSP
DIRECTOR OF INFORMATION SECURITY

71 FIFTH AVE., 9TH FL., NEW YORK, NY 10003
+1 212 229-5300 x4728david...@newschool.edu

The New School

Andy Ng

Jun 6, 2018, 9:10:16 AM6/6/18
to CAS Community
If you want more reassurance. We also upgraded our CAS from "CAS 4" to "CAS 5.2.x" at around Jan 2018 I think, no issue so far.

Intended to move to CAS 5.3.X once it is released since it some feature is added to OAuth that we want.

-Andy

Chava

Chava

Andy Ng

Aug 15, 2018, 9:59:14 PM8/15/18
to CAS Community
Hi Rao,

I would check this for the latest 5.3.x version: (https://github.com/apereo/cas/milestones?state=closed) Which is 5.3.2.

As for whether 5.3.x is a stable version, well imo it is stable, but if you are scared than you can opt for 5.2.x, it's up to you.

Cheers!
- Andy