SAML Public Key for Metadata

John D Giotta

May 10, 2018, 2:05:11 PM5/10/18
to CAS Community
For a IdP metadata file, what should the KeyDescriptor be? Is it the public key of the web server?

David Curry

May 10, 2018, 3:02:28 PM5/10/18
to cas-...@apereo.org
Assuming you mean for CAS to be your IdP...

When you start CAS for the first time with the SAML IdP enabled, it will generate keys and store them in /etc/cas/saml for you. You need to copy them from there back to a safe location so that they get re-deployed whenever you update the server.

--Dave

--

DAVID A. CURRY, CISSP
DIRECTOR OF INFORMATION SECURITY

71 FIFTH AVE., 9TH FL., NEW YORK, NY 10003
+1 212 229-5300 x4728david...@newschool.edu

The New School

On Thu, May 10, 2018 at 2:05 PM, John D Giotta <jdgi...@gmail.com> wrote:
For a IdP metadata file, what should the KeyDescriptor be? Is it the public key of the web server?

--
- Website: https://apereo.github.io/cas
- Contributions: https://goo.gl/mh7qDG

Alin Tomoiaga

May 10, 2018, 5:15:00 PM5/10/18
to CAS Community
David, thank you for the great information you have on New School. Do you by any chance have a similar tutorial on setting up CAS as an ADFS idp as described here: https://apereo.github.io/cas/5.2.x/protocol/WS-Federation-Protocol.html ? (sorry for posting on this thread)

David Curry

May 10, 2018, 5:33:39 PM5/10/18
to cas-...@apereo.org
Sorry, I don't. We don't use ADFS, so have no need for it.

David A. Curry,  CISSP
Director of Information Security
The New School - Information Technology
71 Fifth Ave., 9th Fl. ~ New York, NY 10003
+1 212 229-5300 x4728david...@newschool.edu
Sent from my phone; please excuse typos and inane auto-corrections.