CAS 3.5.2 returning mail as user name

Toby Archer

Feb 16, 2018, 12:53:58 PM2/16/18
to CAS Community
We have an application from the library that they want CASified. In order for said application to work it needs CAS to return the user's mail attribute as their username. We have a database backed service registry so I opened it up and noticed the column "username_attr" which to me sounds like a column that lets me decide what the username attribute in the response is. GREAT! Sounds like just what I need. So I set it to a value I knew was being passed, and nothing happened, I'm still getting the same value for user name. Am I missing something here? Is it possible to do what is being asked of me?

~TA

Uxío Prego

Feb 16, 2018, 1:10:30 PM2/16/18
to CAS Community
I still operate version 3 of CAS using relational as service registry, yet I don't understand what you ask.

I can't grep the sources anyhow, today.

I hope you find whatever you are looking for.

--
- Website: https://apereo.github.io/cas
- Contributions: https://goo.gl/mh7qDG

Toby Archer

Feb 16, 2018, 2:38:29 PM2/16/18
to CAS Community
Well then let me try to clarify. Right now I'm getting this:

<cas:serviceResponse xmlns:cas='http://www.yale.edu/tp/cas'>
    <cas:authenticationSuccess>
        <cas:user>Toben.Archer</cas:user>
    </cas:authenticationSuccess>
</cas:serviceResponse>

I want to recieve this:

        <cas:user>Toben....@usd.edu</cas:user>
    </cas:authenticationSuccess>
</cas:serviceResponse>

Is that possible?

Uxío Prego

Feb 19, 2018, 5:35:34 AM2/19/18
to CAS Community
I don't know.

Does your CAS 3 deployment provide a custom class extending AbstractUsernamePasswordAuthenticationHandler?

Uxío Prego

Madiva Soluciones
CL / SERRANO GALVACHE 56
BLOQUE ABEDUL PLANTA 4
28033 MADRID

+34 917 56 84 94
www.madiva.com
www.bbva.com

The activity of email inboxes can be systematically tracked by colleagues, business partners and third parties. Turn off automatic loading of images to hamper it.

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/a/apereo.org/d/msgid/cas-user/9a56b861-712d-4f26-8cfe-b2515cd588c5%40apereo.org.

Toby Archer

Feb 21, 2018, 10:36:23 AM2/21/18
to CAS Community