WARN message in 6.6.0-RC3 about UserDetailsServiceAutoConfiguration

Noelette Stout

Jun 10, 2022, 5:49:00 PM6/10/22
to CAS Community
I started getting the message below when I upgraded my alpha CAS system to 6.6.0-RC3. I have been unable to figure out what security configuration it is referring to, and just what I need to update. Can someone fill me in on what this message is referring to?

2022-06-10 15:10:30,735 WARN [org.springframework.boot.autoconfigure.security.servlet.UserDetailsServiceAutoConfiguration] - <

Using generated security password: ae6cf0a9-16d3-43c5-98b0-88e1d1d709fd

This generated password is for development use only. Your security configuration must be updated before running your application in production.

Thanks,
Noelette Stout
Idaho State University

Ray Bon

Jun 10, 2022, 7:22:27 PM6/10/22
to cas-...@apereo.org
Noelette,

You can add this to cas.properties

spring.security.user.password=Some secret, spaces are cool

This is part of spring boot features, cas uses actuators,

Ray

On Fri, 2022-06-10 at 14:49 -0700, Noelette Stout wrote:
Notice: This message was sent from outside the University of Victoria email system. Please be cautious with links and sensitive information.
--
Ray Bon
Programmer Analyst

I acknowledge and respect the lək̓ʷəŋən peoples on whose traditional territory the university stands, and the Songhees, Esquimalt and WSÁNEĆ peoples whose historical relationships with the land continue to this day.

Noelette Stout

Jun 10, 2022, 7:27:48 PM6/10/22
to CAS Community
I actually have that in there, but I commented it out after I set up other users. I'll uncomment it.

Thanks!

--
- Website: https://apereo.github.io/cas
- Contributions: https://goo.gl/mh7qDG

Ray Bon

Jun 10, 2022, 7:37:37 PM6/10/22
to cas-...@apereo.org
You might be able to get away with just setting a value for the password. This would apply to the default spring user, 'user', which the log message refers.

Ray

Noelette Stout

Jun 11, 2022, 8:55:29 AM6/11/22
to cas-...@apereo.org
I'll try that.

Thanks again!

Noelette

--
Noelette Stout
ITS Enterprise Applications - Senior Application Administrator