CAS filter on user id ?

Nowis

May 4, 2020, 5:07:18 AM5/4/20
to CAS Community
Hello,

I did some research but did not find the answer I was looking for :/
I would like my app to be accessible only by two users.

Reading the documentation, I thought using "Require cas-attributes <att>:<value>" was the thing to do, but my attributes only have "firstName" and "LastName", which is not something I should rely on (not really secure ^^ ).

I would like to make a rule with the user id (or login) instead of cas-attributes. Is it something I can and should do?

Somthing like Require cas-user user:userid1, user:userId2

I am only a CAS user and can't manage anything on its service (but I can make some demands if really necessary).

Thank you :)

Alberto Cabello Sánchez

May 4, 2020, 5:30:00 AM5/4/20
to cas-...@apereo.org
Hello,

If you are using Apache with auth_cas (I guess, seeing the "Require")
you can achieve it with

Require user user1 user2

Bear in mind that it is not CAS filtering users, but your application.

Regards.
--
Alberto Cabello Sánchez
Servicio de Informática

Nowis

May 4, 2020, 5:33:29 AM5/4/20
to CAS Community
Oh, as I am new to this and was looking only in cas documentations I didn't think of it.
Thanks a lot then, I'll try this :)

Ray Bon

May 4, 2020, 11:09:09 AM5/4/20
to cas-...@apereo.org
When using required attributes, you have to set that attribute in your attribute store. Then set the required value in the service definition.

Ray

On Mon, 2020-05-04 at 02:07 -0700, Nowis wrote:
Notice: This message was sent from outside the University of Victoria email system. Please be cautious with links and sensitive information.
--
Ray Bon
Programmer Analyst

I respectfully acknowledge that my place of work is located within the ancestral, traditional and unceded territory of the Songhees, Esquimalt and WSÁNEĆ Nations.