JDBC throttle not working

Vaggelis Kasapis

Mar 6, 2018, 9:27:27 AM3/6/18
to CAS Community
Hello everyone,
I have encountered a weird problem with apereo 5.2. I managed to log all audits to a mysql database. Then i am using the configuration properties below to check for throttling but nothing happens. It just logging these in the database. 2 records for every request. No throttle log on console too. Note that i have tried multiple combinations of threshold and rangeSeconds and i am choosing to user update for the ddlAuto because all other settings are dropping the table and never recreates it. Does anyone knows how to help me with this problem?
Thanks in advance.

| 19 | 83.235.21.183 | exa...@hotmail.gr | AUTHENTICATION_SUCCESS | CAS | Tue Mar 06 2018 08:55:38 GMT+0200 (GTB Standard Time) | 46.4.248.168 | Supplied credentials: [exa...@hotmail.gr] |
| 20 | 83.235.21.183 | exa...@hotmail.gr | FAILED_LOGIN_ATTEMPT | CAS | Tue Mar 06 2018 08:55:38 GMT+0200 (GTB Standard Time) | 46.4.248.168 | exa...@hotmail.gr

cas.authn.throttle.jdbc.auditQuery=SELECT AUD_DATE FROM COM_AUDIT_TRAIL WHERE AUD_CLIENT_IP = ? AND AUD_USER = ? AND AUD_ACTION = ? AND APPLIC_CD = ? AND AUD_DATE >= ? ORDER BY AUD_DATE DESC
cas.authn.throttle.jdbc.url=jdbc:mysql:/example/example
cas.authn.throttle.jdbc.dialect=org.hibernate.dialect.MySQLDialect
cas.authn.throttle.jdbc.user=.....
cas.authn.throttle.jdbc.ddlAuto=update
cas.authn.throttle.jdbc.password=....
cas.authn.throttle.jdbc.driverClass=com.mysql.jdbc.Driver
cas.authn.throttle.jdbc.pool.suspension=true
cas.authn.throttle.jdbc.pool.minSize=6
cas.authn.throttle.jdbc.pool.maxSize=18
cas.authn.throttle.jdbc.pool.maxWait=2000

cas.authn.throttle.usernameParameter=username
cas.authn.throttle.schedule.startDelay=10000
cas.authn.throttle.schedule.repeatInterval=20000
cas.authn.throttle.appcode=CAS
cas.authn.throttle.failure.threshold=1
cas.authn.throttle.failure.code=AUTHENTICATION_FAILED
cas.authn.throttle.failure.rangeSeconds=10
cas.rest.throttler=authenticationThrottle

cas.audit.jdbc.url=jdbc:mysql://example/example
cas.audit.jdbc.dialect=org.hibernate.dialect.MySQLDialect
cas.audit.jdbc.driverClass=com.mysql.jdbc.Driver
cas.audit.jdbc.user=....
cas.audit.jdbc.password=....
cas.audit.jdbc.ddlAuto=update