Issue with json service registry between CASv5 RC3-SNAP and RC4-SNAP

Philippe MARASSE

Oct 5, 2016, 12:07:03 PM10/5/16
to CAS Community
Hello,

My today's build fails : although I've mentioned

<dependency>
<groupId>${cas.groupId}</groupId>

<artifactId>cas-server-support-json-service-registry</artifactId>
<version>${cas.version}</version>
<scope>runtime</scope>
</dependency>

in my pom.xml, Service registry used to work, The log shows :

2016-10-05 17:26:06,164 INFO
[org.apereo.cas.services.AbstractResourceBasedServiceRegistryDao] -
<Watching service registry directory at /etc/chl/cas5/services>

perfect, but :

2016-10-05 17:26:15,845 WARN
[org.springframework.boot.context.embedded.AnnotationConfigEmbeddedWebApplicationContext]
- <Exception encountered during context initialization - cancelling
refresh at
tempt: org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error
creating bean with name 'serviceRegistryInitializer' defined in class
path resource
[org/apereo/cas/config/CasCoreServicesConfiguration.class]: Bean
instantiation via factory method failed; nested exception is
org.springframework.beans.BeanInstantiationException: Failed to
instantiate [org.apereo.cas.services.ServiceRegistryInitializer]:
Factory method 'serviceRegistryInitializer' threw exception; nested
exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException:
Error creating bean with name 'embeddedJsonServiceRegistry' defined in
class path resource
[org/apereo/cas/config/CasCoreServicesConfiguration.class]: Bean
instantiation via factory method failed; nested exception is
org.springframework.beans.BeanInstantiationException: Failed to
instantiate [org.apereo.cas.services.ServiceRegistryDao]: Factory method
'embeddedJsonServiceRegistry' threw exception; nested exception is
java.lang.RuntimeException: java.io.FileNotFoundException: class path
resource [services] cannot be resolved to URL because it does not exist>

it seems that embeddedJsonServiceRegistry (looking services in
classpath:/services) is instantiated instead of jsonServiceRegistry
found in cas-server-support-json-service-registry module.

Environment is the same as last week (Tomcat 8.5.4 / java 8u101).

Regards.

--
Philippe MARASSE

Responsable pôle Infrastructures - DSIO
Centre Hospitalier Henri Laborit
CS 10587 - 370 avenue Jacques Cœur
86021 Poitiers Cedex
Tel : 05.49.44.57.19

William

Oct 7, 2016, 11:47:21 AM10/7/16
to CAS Community, philippe...@ch-poitiers.fr
Philippe, please see my post: https://groups.google.com/a/apereo.org/forum/#!topic/cas-user/IXIrh-ZqzrY

Did you perhaps remove the services folder out of cas-server-webapp/src/main/resources?

Regards,

Bill Crowell

Philippe MARASSE

Oct 14, 2016, 6:02:40 AM10/14/16
to William, CAS Community
Hello,

Yes I've excluded classpath:services directory from overlay in order to be sure that cas cannot find any service definition in this place.

It worked well until RC4-SNAPSHOT... I've just added services folder in my src/main/ressources, a dummy file inside, CAS now starts correctly and watch the correct directory. Fine.

Thanks a lot.
Regards.
Message has been deleted