pay forward?

Michael O Holstein

Feb 23, 2018, 2:39:28 PM2/23/18
to cas-...@apereo.org
Our annual contract with Unicon is going to renew here in a bit, and we have a bunch of unused consulting hours which are for features and whatnot. I'm sure if they're not cool with this I'll get told shortly but here's what I'm proposing ..

I'll bet there's a couple others in the same boat .. since you can't roll it .. might as well donate it.

If there's a feature that everybody thinks would be neat, or some similar such thing that we don't need but would collectively benefit (which happens regardless, eventually .. if you've read the contract) .. we propose ..

Come up with something, we'll donate our hours remaining (40 something?) to it .. we get new block next year anyway. If that covers it, great .. if not, perhaps others will agree with the idea and it'll get done collectively. But as long as Unicon is cool with this we're game. Yay open source, etc.

Suggestions? Needs to be well-scoped though, so if you've thought it through but couldn't get funding, here's your chance.

Michael Holstein CISSP
Mgr. Network & Data Security
Cleveland State University

Michael O Holstein

Feb 23, 2018, 4:56:21 PM2/23/18
to cas-...@apereo.org

Allright folks .. the support folks are good with it, and even said along the the lines that they'll make it happen if we're close but a tad shy it an still go.

So we're good for 40. Ask your boss what you can do with yours .. and noodle up a feature that seams worthwhile. Our expire end of June,

-Mike

Feb 24, 2018, 8:41:16 AM2/24/18
to cas-...@apereo.org
Caso multitenant
--
- Website: https://apereo.github.io/cas
- Contributions: https://goo.gl/mh7qDG

Cheltenham, Chris

Feb 26, 2018, 8:11:45 AM2/26/18
to cas-...@apereo.org

Hello Michael,

I work for Philadelphia School District K thru 12.

We may be interested in the hours of part of them perhaps.

What do we need to do ?

===========================

Thank You;

Chris Cheltenham
Technology Services
The School District of Philadelphia

Work # 215-400-5025
Cell # 215-301-6571

--

- Website: https://apereo.github.io/cas
- Contributions: https://goo.gl/mh7qDG

Man H

Feb 26, 2018, 11:05:42 PM2/26/18
to cas-...@apereo.org
If nobody else considered your kind offer I suppose cas multitenancy wins!!

- Website: https://apereo.github.io/cas
- Contributions: https://goo.gl/mh7qDG

Jeffrey Ramsay

Feb 27, 2018, 6:30:57 AM2/27/18
to CAS Community
I like the multitenancy idea as well.

- Website: https://apereo.github.io/cas
- Contributions: https://goo.gl/mh7qDG

- Website: https://apereo.github.io/cas
- Contributions: https://goo.gl/mh7qDG

Lucas Ferreira

Feb 27, 2018, 7:45:55 AM2/27/18
to cas-...@apereo.org
I like it too, something like Keycloak's realm concept