Disable account

Lars Feistner

Mar 1, 2022, 8:48:07 AM3/1/22
to CAS Community
Dear community,
is there a possibility to deactivate an account after n login attempts either directly via a setting or via a post processing of the login process or a notification or event?
Best regards,
Lars

Ray Bon

Mar 1, 2022, 12:27:41 PM3/1/22
to cas-...@apereo.org
Lars,

Ray

On Tue, 2022-03-01 at 14:48 +0100, Lars Feistner wrote:
Notice: This message was sent from outside the University of Victoria email system. Please be cautious with links and sensitive information.
--
Ray Bon
Programmer Analyst

I acknowledge and respect the lək̓ʷəŋən peoples on whose traditional territory the university stands, and the Songhees, Esquimalt and WSÁNEĆ peoples whose historical relationships with the land continue to this day.

Rod

Mar 1, 2022, 8:34:47 PM3/1/22
to CAS Community
Great question!

I'm interested in this too.

For our small one server environment we were thinking we could use Fail2Ban to monitor the catalina.out log for failed logins.

We would have to write a multi line regex to get the client ip and the line that has the failure string.

Then Fail2Ban would firewall them out for X amount of time over so many failed attempts.

Just my two cents.

Rod

--
- Website: https://apereo.github.io/cas