CAS redirecting to multiple apps not working

Érico

May 23, 2018, 9:14:30 AM5/23/18
to cas-...@apereo.org
Hello

I've started woking on a set of apps developed by another programmer

I login through http://localhost:8080/cas that contains a menu with the redirection for the other apps

This redirection is not working ... I've deployed other 2 apps along with CAS(5.1) and all are successfully deployed :

CAS and app1 in jboss EAP 7 running in 8080

app2 through spring boot running in 8090

Both app1 and app2 behave the same way ... I click on their menus and the redirection sends me to login page instead of redirecting me to app1 or app2

There are no erros on jboss logs

There are no erros on network tab in firefox or chrome

I don't know what other info I could past here to simulate the error

Please, I am stuck on this for a few days and don't know what else to investigate

Thks
Érico

Andy Ng

May 23, 2018, 10:05:29 AM5/23/18
to CAS Community
Hi Érico,

Likely your colleague have done some customization on CAS. Default CAS only have a username, password and some other things, and login success won't immediately have redirection links

so, I think a little bit more information will be needed, in order to start solving your problem:
- What are the redirection links? You can blur out the server detail, but something "app1 redirection links is http://localhost:8080/cas?service=http://www.example.com/app1" will tell us more about your problem
- You said sends me to login page, you mean send you back to "http://localhost:8080/cas" correct? If so, any parameter attached?

Another thing, CAS don't work / don't work well with http, try setup to https. I don't use JBoss myself so I won't be able to help on that.

Cheers!
- Andy

Érico

May 23, 2018, 10:19:58 AM5/23/18
to cas-...@apereo.org
Hello Andy

thanks a lot for your help

the app1 link is the following :

regarding login page ... yes it is  http://localhost:8080/cas then http://localhost:8080/cas/login
I am sending the login header and parameters attached on this mail

I am also sending my /private/etc/cas/config/cas.properties

the directory privileges are the following :

ls -la /private/etc/cas
total 32
drwxrwxrwx@   7 ericomartins  wheel   224 16 Mai 10:09 .
drwxr-xr-x@ 121 root          wheel  3872 18 Mai 09:33 ..
-rw-r--r--@   1 ericomartins  wheel  8196 22 Mai 09:28 .DS_Store
drwxr-xr-x@   5 ericomartins  wheel   160 23 Abr 10:41 config
drwxrwxrwx@   5 ericomartins  wheel   160 16 Mai 09:34 config-old
drwxrwxrwx@   6 ericomartins  wheel   192 22 Mai 10:40 logs
-rwxr-xr-x    1 ericomartins  wheel  1951 15 Mai 09:41 thekeystore

CAS app has a application.properties file with the following :

server.context-path=/cas

server.port=8443

#server.ssl.key-store=file:/etc/cas/thekeystore

server.ssl.key-store=file:/private/etc/cas/thekeystore

server.ssl.key-store-password=changeit

server.ssl.key-password=changeit

Best Regards
Érico

--
- Website: https://apereo.github.io/cas
- Contributions: https://goo.gl/mh7qDG

header.txt
parameters.txt

Andy Ng

May 23, 2018, 9:22:43 PM5/23/18
to CAS Community
Hi Érico,

Pretty sure CAS Single Sign On (SSO) only works with https, you can try the following yourself:
- Login to "
http://localhost:8080/cas"
- Immediately refresh the page
From my experience, you might not see yourself not login again, because SSO is not working properly with http.

Anyway, my point is, you need to make your CAS use https first.

I am not familiar with JBoss, but if you go to https://localhost:8443/cas/login now, will you be able to see the page? If not then probably thekeystore is not loaded properly

it will actually first check if you are login first, then redirect you to:

So, you have an JBoss application located at here? http://localhost:8080/registro-acidente

CAS 5 by default do not have this url "http://localhost:8080/registro-acidente/...  ", if that is your app1 / app2 link, then that's fine

Cheers!
-Andy