Tomcat CAS Missing TldParser

George Lawson-Crowson

Jan 8, 2018, 5:23:47 PM1/8/18
to CAS Community
Hello! I'm trying to install CAS and am getting Tomcat errors saying that I'm missing the TldParser JAR. If you could help, please respond to my StackOverflow question.

Sincerely,
George Crowson
Systems Developer
Southwestern University

Matthew Hannay

Feb 18, 2018, 6:52:12 PM2/18/18
to CAS Community
I have built CAS as a standalone war and deployed to Tomcat 7.latest_stable(7.0.85)  and I get a
Caused by: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/tomcat/util/descriptor/tld/TldParser

However in tomcat 8
deploys fine

I am suspecting a difference in Servlet / JSP / EL specs between tomcat 7 and 8

Does anyone know of the top of their head what JEE specs (Servlet / JSP / EL) CAS 5.2+ supports?
I will Dig into the code and POMs to work it out.

--Matt

David Curry

Feb 18, 2018, 7:20:49 PM2/18/18
to cas-...@apereo.org
It's documented here:

TL;DR: Servlet v3.1 or better, so Tomcat 8.5.x or better (8.0.x is end-of-life as of June 30th of this year).

--Dave

--

DAVID A. CURRY, CISSP
DIRECTOR OF INFORMATION SECURITY

71 FIFTH AVE., 9TH FL., NEW YORK, NY 10003
+1 212 229-5300 x4728david...@newschool.edu

The New School

--
- Website: https://apereo.github.io/cas
- Contributions: https://goo.gl/mh7qDG

Man H

Feb 19, 2018, 2:54:39 PM2/19/18
to cas-...@apereo.org
Check java version

George Lawson-Crowson

Feb 21, 2018, 12:19:19 PM2/21/18
to cas-...@apereo.org
Hello all,

Thanks for the help! I installed Tomcat v8.5 following this guide and was able to get CAS running. Super excited to start digging around.

If possible I recommend adding suggested Tomcat / servlet container versions to this section of the docs.

Sincerely,
George

Check java version

- Website: https://apereo.github.io/cas
- Contributions: https://goo.gl/mh7qDG

Matthew Hannay

Feb 21, 2018, 5:11:39 PM2/21/18
to CAS Community

If you can I would roll out the application as a Spring-boot app with the embedded container that's where things are going.....
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/a/apereo.org/d/msgid/cas-user/CAMY5mic-k3%3Da%3D8vmPxs7F%2B9qr5b0%2BihPTsfW6XvmCdmTUczJPA%40mail.gmail.com.