Upgrade CAS 3.5.2 to CAS 5.x

Mr Rao

Jan 12, 2018, 8:54:05 PM1/12/18
to CAS Community
Hi,

I would like to upgrade CAS from 3.5.2 to  latest 5.x version, 1) Is there any easy way or special instructions to upgrade it?

2) I also want to support multiple IDPs vendors  and use CAS as IDP  , this should be based on customer?  Do I need to customize login web flow to use different IDP based on customer?  This means one customer is using CAS login back end oracle db.and another customer using ADFS or OKTA  but this should be configurable.

3) Is there any good example for CAS delegated authentication to ADFS?

Thanks
Rao

Matthew Hannay

Feb 4, 2018, 9:18:52 PM2/4/18
to CAS Community
Good Question I am trying to do a similar up grade .... their seems to be no deprecation (or very little)  path for classes from version 3-->4 -->5
so If I use
org.jasig.cas.authentication.principal.UsernamePasswordCredentialsToPrincipalResolver
in version 3 where do I go in version 4 or 5?

--Matt

Man H

Feb 5, 2018, 7:53:05 AM2/5/18
to cas-...@apereo.org
Change org.jasig to org.apereo
--
- Website: https://apereo.github.io/cas
- Contributions: https://goo.gl/mh7qDG

Matthew Hannay

Feb 5, 2018, 5:45:50 PM2/5/18
to CAS Community
I get in some cases that the packaging changes from
org.jasig
org.apereo

And for a the class ( I made a mistake and posted the wrong class)
org.jasig.cas.authentication.principal.UsernamePasswordCredentialsToPrincipalResolver
org.aspereo.cas.authentication.principal.UsernamePasswordCredentialsToPrincipalResolver

How ever the following do not seem to exist or it is difficult to find a clean replacement for these 3.6 classes in 5.2.2
org.jasig.cas.web.LogoutController
org.jasig.cas.authentication.principal.CredentialsToLDAPAttributePrincipalResolver
org.jasig.cas.authentication.principal.HttpBasedServiceCredentialsToPrincipalResolver
org.jasig.cas.adaptors.ldap.BindLdapAuthenticationHandler

Maybe I am not including all of the correct dependencies in the build?????????

--Matt

On Saturday, 13 January 2018 11:54:05 UTC+10, Mr Rao wrote:
Hi,

I would like to upgrade CAS from 3.5.2 to  latest 5.x version, 1) Is there any easy way or special instructions to upgrade it?

2) I also want to support multiple IDPs vendors  and use CAS as IDP  , this should be based on customer?  Do I need to customize login web flow to use different IDP based on customer?  This means one customer is using CAS login back end oracle db.and another customer using ADFS or OKTA  but this should be configurable.

3) Is there any good example for CAS delegated authentication to ADFS?

Thanks
Rao

--
- Website: https://apereo.github.io/cas
- Contributions: https://goo.gl/mh7qDG

Man H

Feb 5, 2018, 6:29:47 PM2/5/18
to cas-...@apereo.org
I wouldnt mind about class replacements, just make a revision of how 5.2 fullfills your needs.

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/a/apereo.org/d/msgid/cas-user/26c078fe-12be-4c1d-8c6f-c34812554e16%40apereo.org.

Chava

Dmitriy Kopylenko

Feb 9, 2018, 9:04:20 PM2/9/18
to cas-...@apereo.org
So, few points. On the class names between 3 and 5 - you don’t have to worry about it anymore (well, as long as you don’t need to extend CAS and program against its internals and extension points). The general theme of CAS v5 is so called “intention driven configuration” model - that is, you operate within war overlay and express your intentions to use features of CAS by 1) declaring dependency on modules that implement features you need 2) Configure those modules purely by set of key-value properties. No need to have deep knowledge of CAS internals e.g. class names and assemble the server yourself by crafting and gluing together necessary Spring beans, etc.

As for your #2 - that is a multi-tenancy feature of the software which is currently not implemented in CAS.

HTH,

D.

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/a/apereo.org/d/msgid/cas-user/CALU3HNrvedSiw--sKxv4hcj9UTckcSrm0ZO3togZngtiF4MsZA%40mail.gmail.com.

Chava

Feb 23, 2018, 7:17:45 PM2/23/18
to cas-...@apereo.org
Hi Dmitriy ,
Are you saying that CAS doesn't support multi tenancy and separate IDP per customer?.

Nag