cas-overlay-template sutck with warnings

Érico Teixeira

May 16, 2018, 9:43:14 AM5/16/18
to CAS Community
Hello

I've downloaded cas-overlay-template from https://github.com/apereo/cas-gradle-overlay-template

Then copied the project config folder to /etc/cas grating reading perms to its content

I'm using macOS High Sierra

Trying run cas-overlay-template through:
/build.sh run;

It builds the package but when starting it shows some warnings like :

WARN [org.apereo.cas.config.CasCoreTicketsConfiguration] - <Runtime memory is used as the persistence storage for retrieving and managing tickets. Tickets that are issued during runtime will be LOST upon container restarts. This MAY impact SSO functionality.>
2018-05-16 10:31:01,136 WARN [org.apereo.cas.config.CasCoreServicesConfiguration] - <Runtime memory is used as the persistence storage for retrieving and persisting service definitions. Changes that are made to service definitions during runtime WILL be LOST upon container restarts. Ideally for production, you need to choose a storage option (JDBC, etc) to store and track service definitions.>
2018-05-16 10:31:02,386 WARN [org.apereo.cas.util.cipher.BaseStringCipherExecutor] - <Secret key for encryption is not defined for [Ticket-granting Cookie]; CAS will attempt to auto-generate the encryption key>
2018-05-16 10:31:02,423 WARN [org.apereo.cas.util.cipher.BaseStringCipherExecutor] - <Generated encryption key [ddpmDx_7JI_BNeK365hI-EVbHwatnX8KhuTYLjQDp10] of size [256] for [Ticket-granting Cookie]. The generated key MUST be added to CAS settings under setting [cas.tgc.crypto.encryption.key].>
2018-05-16 10:31:02,438 WARN [org.apereo.cas.util.cipher.BaseStringCipherExecutor] - <Secret key for signing is not defined for [Ticket-granting Cookie]. CAS will attempt to auto-generate the signing key>
2018-05-16 10:31:02,447 WARN [org.apereo.cas.util.cipher.BaseStringCipherExecutor] - <Generated signing key [AYJxpl7vcsvagtFtWZ9RG6DUJ7k5xjy-5Bzt9wUsCuUeawEtP0VHJB3XlP7YF7yOPDAmAxtLALqPN_K7p3g86w] of size [512] for [Ticket-granting Cookie]. The generated key MUST be added to CAS settings under setting [cas.tgc.crypto.signing.key].>
2018-05-16 10:31:03,421 WARN [org.apereo.cas.util.cipher.BaseBinaryCipherExecutor] - <Secret key for signing is not defined under [cas.webflow.crypto.signing.key]. CAS will attempt to auto-generate the signing key>
2018-05-16 10:31:03,424 WARN [org.apereo.cas.util.cipher.BaseBinaryCipherExecutor] - <Generated signing key [1Ys3L97Olngrj6vOOhBk5QaO6rGEDSA0AsQfbBkEryN_5RlgMlUAXzc8fZeaFzez-JQKm9_ID4g0JDBWfHQsFQ] of size [512]. The generated key MUST be added to CAS settings under setting [cas.webflow.crypto.signing.key].>
2018-05-16 10:31:03,424 WARN [org.apereo.cas.util.cipher.BaseBinaryCipherExecutor] - <Secret key for encryption is not defined under [cas.webflow.crypto.encryption.key]. CAS will attempt to auto-generate the encryption key>
2018-05-16 10:31:03,443 WARN [org.apereo.cas.util.cipher.BaseBinaryCipherExecutor] - <Generated encryption key [CcOzv2YuBrKtHMgU5pkgyQ] of size [16]. The generated key MUST be added to CAS settings under setting [cas.webflow.crypto.encryption.key].>

and gets stuck on the console for ever

the are no errors on CAS log files

Please can someone help me out on this?

Matthew Uribe

May 16, 2018, 10:05:15 AM5/16/18
to cas-...@apereo.org
Have you tried going to the CAS webpage? It should load.

The warnings are just letting you know that since you didn't define the keys in cas.properties, it's created them for you.

If I recall from my experience with ./build.sh run, it will sit on the console because the process is still running. That's normal in the console while the process continues to run.

Aims Community College Top Work Places 2018 - The Denver Post
Matt Uribe
Programmer Analyst II
Information Technology
Aims Community College
970.339.6375
matthe...@aims.edu
5401 W. 20th Street
Greeley, CO, 80634
www.aims.edu

IT staff will never ask you for your username and password.
Always decline to provide the information and report such
attempts to the Help Desk (x6380).

--
- Website: https://apereo.github.io/cas
- Contributions: https://goo.gl/mh7qDG

Érico Teixeira

May 16, 2018, 10:28:45 AM5/16/18
to CAS Community
Hello Matt

Thks for the reply

I try to access through browser but nothing happens :
http://localhost:8080/cas

My /etc/cas/config/cas.properties content is the following :

#cas.server.name: https://cas.example.org:8443
#cas.server.prefix: https://cas.example.org:8443/cas

cas.server.name: http://localhost:8080
cas.server.prefix: http://localhost:8080/cas

cas.server.http.port=8080

cas.adminPagesSecurity.ip=127\.0\.0\.1

cas.authn.accept.users=

logging.config: file:/etc/cas/config/log4j2.xml
# cas.serviceRegistry.config.location: classpath:/services

is that ok ?

shouldn't 8080 port been open ?

cas-overlay-template-master ericomartins$ lsof -i :8080
---  no result here ----

cas-overlay-template-master ericomartins$ lsof -i :8443
COMMAND   PID         USER   FD   TYPE             DEVICE SIZE/OFF NODE NAME
java    26098 ericomartins   32u  IPv6 0xff2c21fe03059105      0t0  TCP *:pcsync-https (LISTEN)

Thks

Matthew Uribe

May 16, 2018, 10:57:10 AM5/16/18
to cas-...@apereo.org
Érico,

Based on this https://github.com/apereo/cas-overlay-template I would say that 8080 and 8443 should both be open while the overlay embedded Tomcat is running. However, it's also my understanding that CAS requires SSL, so the fact that you have no process listening on port 8080, but java is listening on 8443 is not too surprising to me. Someone with more experience using the embedded Tomcat can correct me if I'm wrong. Why don't you want to use 8443? If SSL cert is the issue, a self-signed cert should be suitable for test/dev purposes.

When I started in CAS 5, not long ago, I was on a similar track. The guide that David Curry put together is super helpful. Have you taken the time to look at it?

Aims Community College Top Work Places 2018 - The Denver Post
Matt Uribe
Programmer Analyst II
Information Technology
Aims Community College
970.339.6375
matthe...@aims.edu
5401 W. 20th Street
Greeley, CO, 80634
www.aims.edu

IT staff will never ask you for your username and password.
Always decline to provide the information and report such
attempts to the Help Desk (x6380).

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/a/apereo.org/d/msgid/cas-user/f4bef945-f5c3-4a6d-892a-c7b2a78dc064%40apereo.org.

Érico

May 16, 2018, 11:44:00 AM5/16/18
to cas-...@apereo.org
Thks for David Curry's site. I will follow it

It is ok for me to use 8443 . I tried before posting to the group :

but I get the following error :

SSL_ERROR_NO_CYPHER_OVERLAP

--
- Website: https://apereo.github.io/cas
- Contributions: https://goo.gl/mh7qDG

Matthew Uribe

May 17, 2018, 10:16:39 AM5/17/18
to CAS Community
Did you create a keystore file 'thekeystore' under '/etc/cas'? I don't see any reference to it in your cas.properties. If you are using the embedded Tomcat, you need to include the keystore properties in the cas.properties file. Check out the README.md file that comes with the overlay.