Deploying Apereo CAS document updated (finally)!

David Curry

Oct 18, 2018, 3:14:34 PM10/18/18
to cas-...@apereo.org

For those of you who have been waiting (and waiting, and waiting, ...) for me to update my Deploying Apereo CAS documentation, I have finally gotten enough time to do that. Aside from dozens of minor updates and corrections accumulated over the last 8 or 9 months, the following major sections have been completed/added:
  • Customizing the CAS user interface
    • How CAS themes work
    • How Thymeleaf layouts work
    • Add a new theme to the overlay
    • Build and deploy the overlay
    • Develop the custom theme
  • Google Apps (G Suite) integration
    • Generate keys and certificates
    • Configure Google single sign-on
  • Moving to production
    • Configuration changes
    • Problems encountered
As always, the documentation can be found here:   https://dacurry-tns.github.io/deploying-apereo-cas/

This pretty much does it for now -- the document more or less reflects what we're running in production (CAS 5.2.x), and we don't plan to go to CAS 5.3 unless something forces us to. The next major release for us will be CAS 6.something. I will almost certainly be updating the document once we start working on that, since we use it internally as a reference as well. But that probably won't happen until the end of this year or the beginning of next year at the earliest (sorry).

Enjoy,
--Dave

--

DAVID A. CURRY, CISSP
DIRECTOR OF INFORMATION SECURITY

71 FIFTH AVE., 9TH FL., NEW YORK, NY 10003
+1 212 229-5300 x4728david...@newschool.edu

The New School

Trenton D. Adams

Oct 18, 2018, 4:32:55 PM10/18/18
to cas-...@apereo.org, David Curry

Would it maybe be better to re-integrate that into the CAS docs themselves?  Then it can be maintained long term with the CAS project.

--
- Website: https://apereo.github.io/cas
- Contributions: https://goo.gl/mh7qDG

Trenton D. Adams
Senior Systems Analyst/Web Software Developer
Applications Unit - ITS
Athabasca University
(780) 675-6195

It is only when you are surrounded by a supportive team, that you can achieve
your best.  Instead of tearing people down, try building them up!
--
This communication is intended for the use of the recipient to whom it is addressed, and may contain confidential, personal, and or privileged information. Please contact us immediately if you are not the intended recipient of this communication, and do not copy, distribute, or take action relying on it. Any communications received in error, or subsequent reply, should be deleted or destroyed.
---

Matthew Uribe

Oct 18, 2018, 5:03:20 PM10/18/18
to cas-...@apereo.org
This is hugely helpful, David. Thank you for all the work you've done on this documentation, for sharing it, and for being so active in the CAS community!

Aims Community College Top Work Places 2018 - The Denver Post
Matt Uribe
Programmer Analyst II
Information Technology
Aims Community College
970.339.6375
matthe...@aims.edu
5401 W. 20th Street
Greeley, CO, 80634
www.aims.edu

IT staff will never ask you for your username and password.
Always decline to provide the information and report such
attempts to the Help Desk (x6380).

Andy Ng

Oct 18, 2018, 11:55:13 PM10/18/18
to CAS Community
Nice work David! Definitely worth the wait :) - Andy

Francois Campbell

Oct 24, 2018, 5:34:56 AM10/24/18
to CAS Community
Thanks so much David.

Your documentation has been a great help and the updates be of tremendous help in the future.