Service Registry

Jeffrey Ramsay

Dec 4, 2017, 1:03:11 PM12/4/17
to CAS Community
Is there a way to export the service registry? MySQL CAS 5.x.

-Jeff

David Curry

Dec 4, 2017, 2:51:11 PM12/4/17
to cas-...@apereo.org

I don't have a specific MySQL-ish answer, but if you've configured the dashboard ("admin pages"), the "Registered Services" button will give you a JSON document that contains the entire registry.

 It's just a REST endpoint (https://your.server.name/cas/status/services), so depending on how you've secured the admin pages, you could probably get the results with curl or whatever instead of a browser.

--Dave

--

DAVID A. CURRY, CISSP
DIRECTOR OF INFORMATION SECURITY

71 FIFTH AVE., 9TH FL., NEW YORK, NY 10003
+1 212 229-5300 x4728david...@newschool.edu

The New School

On Mon, Dec 4, 2017 at 1:03 PM, Jeffrey Ramsay <jeffrey...@gmail.com> wrote:
Is there a way to export the service registry? MySQL CAS 5.x.

-Jeff

--
- Website: https://apereo.github.io/cas
- Contributions: https://goo.gl/mh7qDG

Jeffrey Ramsay

Jeffrey Ramsay

Dec 6, 2017, 5:46:01 AM12/6/17
to CAS Community
David,

It appears the option to dump the registry is only available in 5.2 and not in 5.0 or 5.1.

cas.monitor.endpoints.registeredServicesReport.enabled=true
cas.monitor.endpoints.registeredServicesReport.sensitive=false

Unless, I'm not understanding this correctly.

-Jeff

David Curry

Dec 6, 2017, 7:49:43 AM12/6/17
to cas-...@apereo.org
Looks like you're right; it was added in 5.2RC1:

Sorry 'bout that; I didn't set it up in my environment until I was at 5.2RC4, so I never saw it when it wasn't there.

--Dave

--

DAVID A. CURRY, CISSP
DIRECTOR OF INFORMATION SECURITY
INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY

71 FIFTH AVE., 9TH FL., NEW YORK, NY 10003
+1 212 229-5300 x4728david...@newschool.edu

The New School

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/a/apereo.org/d/msgid/cas-user/CA%2BTBYOQVnexAsXu8YL1rUHiuNXiW2-W7zv8sPyULu96Br_nUYw%40mail.gmail.com.

Jeffrey Ramsay

Dec 6, 2017, 8:19:58 AM12/6/17
to CAS Community
Is 5.2 stable? Have you had any setbacks with it? I had planned to move to 5.0.10 later this month but is very concerned about recovery of the service registry; too many services with only the option of a full database recovery.

Thanks,
-Jeff

--
- Website: https://apereo.github.io/cas
- Contributions: https://goo.gl/mh7qDG

David Curry

Dec 6, 2017, 8:36:42 AM12/6/17
to cas-...@apereo.org
I do not have it deployed in production yet, so I can't really comment on its stability under any kind of load. I haven't run into any setbacks in getting everything set up and configured, but I haven't (yet) tried to pound on it.

I think there are some other folks on the list who are running it (or certainly 5.1.x) in production, though, who might be able to comment.

--Dave