cas utf-8 character problem in input fields

denizg

Feb 10, 2022, 5:54:37 AM2/10/22
to CAS Community
Hello,

I am running cas (6.2.0) with default encoding settings, and when I fill the login form with turkish characters such as ğ,ü,ş,ç,ı, I see meaningless characters such as ÄŸÃ¼ÅŸÃ§Ä± in the cas audit logs and the credential object.

I have no problem displaying such characters on the view screens. Also, I observe the /login request from the network tab in the browser and the characters in the payload section are going to the cas server correctly.

Is there any solution you can suggest? Thanks

credential.png
payload.png
log.png

Ray Bon

Feb 11, 2022, 11:27:50 PM2/11/22
to cas-...@apereo.org
Denizg,

There may be a setting in log4j2 to process utf-8 or perhaps it is the terminal that you are using that needs the configuration.

Are you able to log in correctly?

Ray

On Thu, 2022-02-10 at 01:53 -0800, denizg wrote:
Notice: This message was sent from outside the University of Victoria email system. Please be cautious with links and sensitive information.
--
Ray Bon
Programmer Analyst

I acknowledge and respect the lək̓ʷəŋən peoples on whose traditional territory the university stands, and the Songhees, Esquimalt and WSÁNEĆ peoples whose historical relationships with the land continue to this day.