CAS 5.2.2 and properties

Matthew Hannay

Feb 10, 2018, 1:01:00 AM2/10/18
to CAS Community
Is the following structure correct

cas-overlaytemplate/

 |-------etc/cas/config/cas.properties

 | ------overlays/org.ap.....tomcat-5.2.2

when I run from c:\cas-overlaytemplate/

java -jar target\cas.war

it is not picking up the cas.properties in the etc\ directory

From what I have read the fall back is to that directory
Even If I add

C:\dev\git-3rdparty-repos\cas-overlay-template>java -jar target/cas.war -Dcas.standalone.config=./etc/cas/config/
C:\dev\git-3rdparty-repos\cas-overlay-template>java -jar target/cas.war -Dcas.standalone.config.file=./etc/cas/config/cas.properties

If I go into the target directory and add my configurations into the application.properties and run the 'maven package'

I then Run

cas-overlay-template>java -jar target/cas.war

the application picks up the properties??
This then feeds me into my next series of problems

--Matt

Man H

Feb 10, 2018, 5:43:32 AM2/10/18
to cas-...@apereo.org
See ahead...

El sábado, 10 de febrero de 2018, Matthew Hannay <matthew...@gmail.com> escribió:
Is the following structure correct

cas-overlaytemplate/

 |-------etc/cas/config/cas.properties

 | ------overlays/org.ap.....tomcat-5.2.2

when I run from c:\cas-overlaytemplate/

java -jar target\cas.war

it is not picking up the cas.properties in the etc\ directory

From what I have read the fall back is to that directory

Its /etc/cas/config in Linux
C: /etc/cas/config in windows

This path are not relative to template

Even If I add

C:\dev\git-3rdparty-repos\cas-overlay-template>java -jar target/cas.war -Dcas.standalone.config=./etc/cas/config/
C:\dev\git-3rdparty-repos\cas-overlay-template>java -jar target/cas.war -Dcas.standalone.config.file=./etc/cas/config/cas.properties

If I go into the target directory and add my configurations into the application.properties and run the 'maven package'

I then Run

cas-overlay-template>java -jar target/cas.war

This will be overridden with new builds don't use it

--
- Website: https://apereo.github.io/cas
- Contributions: https://goo.gl/mh7qDG

Matthew Hannay

Feb 10, 2018, 10:07:42 PM2/10/18
to CAS Community
OK from the root ..... I have also made a small change to the documentation to make it clear
and submitted a pull request

I am just trying to work out the -Dcas.standalone.config.file=......
I am not sure if its a spring boot thing thats not picking it up?
I will try with a local install of tomcat and deploy the war...

Thanks
--Matt

Ray Bon

Feb 13, 2018, 12:10:32 PM2/13/18
to cas-...@apereo.org
Matthew,

Is cas.properties being copied into the target directory and does it have the values you expect?
On Linux /etc is not writable by a 'regular' user. You could manually create /etc/cas/config and change ownership or permissions (while in development). I do not know how this works on Windows.

Ray
--
Ray Bon
Programmer analyst

Matthew Hannay

Feb 15, 2018, 1:18:44 AM2/15/18
to CAS Community
In the POM it says
<!-- app.server could be -jetty, -undertow, -tomcat, or blank if you plan to provide appserver -->

Does the blank mean my provided app server could be weblogic or websphere and I would provide extra classes/jars into the build
or does it meanyou provide the installed app server say tomcat 7 and the build will give you the war to deploy?

Matthew Hannay

Feb 15, 2018, 1:36:47 AM2/15/18
to CAS Community
sorry wrong post .........
about the  -tomcat I will repost on the correct thread

as to properties on windows its c:\etc\........