CAS-5.3.8 displays cas login page before rediecting to openid provider login screen

john

Feb 21, 2019, 4:10:24 AM2/21/19
to CAS Community
Hi , I upgraded Cas from 5.2.3 to 5.3.8 and when i try to use the url http://localhost:8080/cas/oauth2.0/authorize?response_type=code&client_id=<CLIENT_ID>&redirect_uri=http://localhost:8080/test, cas displays default login page(For a second) before redirecting to OpenId provider login screen. I have set autoredirect to true for openid in cas.properties.

Any idea how to redirect to openid login screen without displaying cas login page.

Thanks

Misagh Moayyed

Feb 22, 2019, 4:25:29 PM2/22/19
to CAS Community
The redirect is handled by a Javascript snippet: you can remove other elements on the screen to "blank" things out, or move the redirect call into something more immediate; maybe a meta-refresh tag.

Andy Ng

Feb 23, 2019, 12:16:51 AM2/23/19
to CAS Community

Jeff Sittler

Feb 23, 2019, 10:42:46 AM2/23/19
to CAS Community
Hi John,

I recently did this exact thing for another business.  What I ended up doing was applying "display: none" to the main elements of the pages.  In the scenario that I just implemented, they wanted all views hidden except for the generic success and logout views. So I just implemented conditional CSS rules.

Keep us posted and good luck!

-Jeff