Memcache Ticket Registry HA

已查看 65 次
跳至第一个未读帖子

Teddy Brown

未读,
2018年4月10日 11:07:462018/4/10
收件人 CAS Community
Is it possible to get High Availability with the memcache ticket registry?

I only have these attributes configured currently and it works.

However it seems if the Memcached instance on either host is restarted (or the host is restarted) that CAS continues to function as expected, any tickets on the restarted host need to re-authenticate.
cas.ticket.registry.memcached.servers=cas01:11211,cas02:11211
cas.monitor.memcached.failureMode=Redistribute

Is it possible to configure this in a way that a restart of either Memcached service will not result in the loss of any CAS tickets?

Thanks

Ray Bon

未读,
2018年4月10日 11:51:182018/4/10
收件人 cas-...@apereo.org
Teddy,

I have not used memcached. To accomplish your goal you would need a replicated cache.
How often do you plan to restart your servers? Will your users to notice?

Ray
--
Ray Bon
Programmer analyst

Julien Gribonvald

未读,
2018年4月10日 12:05:262018/4/10
收件人 cas-...@apereo.org
Hi,

You can use repcached for the replicated side with memcached, we are using it since several years in our context and we are totally satisfied !

Thanks
--
- Website: https://apereo.github.io/cas
- Contributions: https://goo.gl/mh7qDG

Julien Gribonvald

Teddy Brown

未读,
2018年4月10日 13:02:582018/4/10
收件人 CAS Community、julien.g...@recia.fr
That looks very promising!  We've been using memcached for some time as a cache but this is the first time I've ever looked for a replicated model.  Thank you!

Teddy Brown

未读,
2018年4月10日 13:04:302018/4/10
收件人 CAS Community
We perform regular monthly server updates, occasionally more as needed.  If we had ticket replication (which Memcached itself doesn't support) we could do these updates during regular working hours and users wouldn't notice.

Doing maintenance off hours is an option, and how we do it for services which don't have high availability.  Users needing to re-authenticate is acceptable in the event of a server failure as long as CAS remained online, but we would not perform regular maintenance during on hours if it may event in some users being forced to re-reauthenticate.
回复全部
回复作者
转发
0 个新帖子