ervice registration only allows set of IP addresses?

Baron Fujimoto

Nov 23, 2022, 9:02:47 PM11/23/22
to CAS Community
I'm afraid my search-fu is failing me with the way the docs are organized now. I'm looking for a way to for a CAS service registration to only allow certain IP addresses (hopefully defined using some reasonable regex or network notation, e.g. CIDR, etc)

Can anyone point me to the right reference(s)?

--
Baron Fujimoto <ba...@hawaii.edu> ::: UH Information Technology Services
minutas cantorum, minutas balorum, minutas carboratum descendus pantorum

Trevor Fong

Nov 24, 2022, 12:36:23 AM11/24/22
to CAS Community
Hi Baron

I’ve used the following site in the past to convert cidr’s to regex’s
https://d-fault.nl/cidrtoregex

Good luck,
Trev
--
- Website: https://apereo.github.io/cas
- Contributions: https://goo.gl/mh7qDG

Ray Bon

Nov 24, 2022, 12:02:00 PM11/24/22
to cas-...@apereo.org
Baron,

Ray

On Wed, 2022-11-23 at 15:57 -1000, Baron Fujimoto wrote:
Notice: This message was sent from outside the University of Victoria email system. Please be cautious with links and sensitive information.

Baron Fujimoto

Dec 1, 2022, 11:32:34 PM12/1/22
to cas-...@apereo.org
Thanks, that looks promising! We're still running 6.5.x, so I think the relevant reference for that version is:

I guess my meta question is, how would I have found it if I didn't know it was there? The doc's search feature doesn't turn up anything that looks useful with search terms like "IP address".

You can get to it from the navbar on the left, if you already have an idea of your destination, but that's not helpful in my experience if you don't already have some idea where something may be buried.

--
- Website: https://apereo.github.io/cas
- Contributions: https://goo.gl/mh7qDG

Ray Bon