AcceptUsersAuthenticationHandler#0 class not found error

Xin Gong

Oct 13, 2016, 3:14:53 PM10/13/16
to CAS Community
Hi,

I have tried to set up cas server. I have added this for AcceptUsersAuthenticationHandler to pom.xml
<dependency>
      <groupId>org.jasig.cas</groupId>
      <artifactId>cas-server-support-generic</artifactId>
      <version>4.0.0</version>
</dependency>

After I reboot tomcat container, I see cas-server-support-generic-4.0.0.jar under $TOMCAT_HOME/webapps/cas-server-webapp-4.0.0/WEB-INF/lib.

However, there is an error in catalina.out;

org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'scheduler' defined in ServletContext resource [/WEB-INF/spring-configuration/applicationContext.xml]: Invocation of init method failed; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.CannotLoadBeanClassException: Cannot find class [org.jasig.cas.adaptors.generic.AcceptUsersAuthenticationHandler] for bean with name 'org.jasig.cas.adaptors.generic.AcceptUsersAuthenticationHandler#0' defined in ServletContext resource [/WEB-INF/deployerConfigContext.xml]; nested exception is java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.jasig.cas.adaptors.generic.AcceptUsersAuthenticationHandler

Thank you for help!

Xin

Dmitriy Kopylenko

Oct 14, 2016, 1:14:46 PM10/14/16
to Xin Gong, CAS Community
Note that this: accept.authn.users=casuser::Mellon should go to your cas.properties file

On Oct 14, 2016, at 10:41 AM, Dmitriy Kopylenko <dkopy...@unicon.net> wrote:

Cheers,
D.

On Oct 14, 2016, at 9:21 AM, Xin Gong <xing...@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi Dmitriy,

Thank you so much for your quick reply. I have tried CAS 4.2.6. I got a different error. I believe it is because I added the following whitelist in [/WEB-INF/deployerConfigContext.xml file.

<bean class="org.jasig.cas.adaptors.generic.AcceptUsersAuthenticationHandler">
    <property name="users">
    </property>
</bean>

I followed the example in https://apereo.github.io/cas/4.0.x/installation/Whitelist-Authentication.html. it is probably too old. not sure how to add whitelist in the new CAS module.

Best regards,

Xin

On Thu, Oct 13, 2016 at 3:30 PM, Dmitriy Kopylenko <dkopy...@unicon.net> wrote:
Wrong module and package. v 4.0.0 has the org.jasig.cas.authentication.AcceptUsersAuthenticationHandler in the 'cas-server-core’ module. But more generally, v 4.0,0 is pretty old, so I’d suggest moving into the latest version of CAS.

Cheers,
D.

--
CAS gitter chatroom: https://gitter.im/apereo/cas

Xin

Dmitriy Kopylenko

Oct 14, 2016, 1:14:46 PM10/14/16
to Xin Gong, CAS Community

On Oct 13, 2016, at 3:14 PM, Xin Gong <xing...@gmail.com> wrote:

--
CAS gitter chatroom: https://gitter.im/apereo/cas

Dmitriy Kopylenko

Dmitriy Kopylenko

Oct 17, 2016, 12:03:57 PM10/17/16
to Xin Gong, jasig-cas-user, CAS Community
Put the people.txt file into WEB-INF/classes directory.

Best.
D.

On Oct 17, 2016, at 11:56 AM, Xin Gong <xing...@gmail.com> wrote:

Sorry it was not clear in previous post, I have this section in cas.properties:

file.authn.filename=classpath:people.txt
file.authn.separator=::

I added <alias name="
fileAuthenticationHandler" alias="primaryAuthenticationHandler" /> in deployerConfigContext.xml and created people.txt in the same folder with deployerConfigContext.xml
> cat people.txt
scott::password
bob::password

Every time I signed in with scott/password I got the following error in catalina.out

2016-10-17 11:50:02,488 ERROR [org.jasig.cas.authentication.PolicyBasedAuthenticationManager] - <FileAuthenticationHandler: IO error reading backing file  (Details: Filename does not exist)>

Best,

Xin

On Monday, October 17, 2016 at 11:34:46 AM UTC-4, Xin Gong wrote:
Hi Dmitriy,

I don't know where to put the password if I add accept."authn.users=casuser::Mellon" to cas.propreties.  So I use FileAuthenticationHandler.

I added <alias name="fileAuthenticationHandler" alias="primaryAuthenticationHandler" /> in deployerConfigContext.xml and created people.txt in the same folder with deployerConfigContext.xml

> cat people.txt
scott::password
bob::password

I got the following error:
>tail catalina.2016-10-17.log
Oct 17, 2016 11:09:51 AM org.apache.coyote.http11.AbstractHttp11Processor process
INFO: Error parsing HTTP request header
 Note: further occurrences of HTTP header parsing errors will be logged at DEBUG level.
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Invalid character found in method name. HTTP method names must be tokens
        at org.apache.coyote.http11.InternalInputBuffer.parseRequestLine(InternalInputBuffer.java:135)
        at org.apache.coyote.http11.AbstractHttp11Processor.process(AbstractHttp11Processor.java:996)
        at org.apache.coyote.AbstractProtocol$AbstractConnectionHandler.process(AbstractProtocol.java:623)
        at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.JIoEndpoint$SocketProcessor.run(JIoEndpoint.java:316)
        at org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.TaskThread$WrappingRunnable.run(TaskThread.java:61)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

one possible reason is I didn't disable https. I only know how to do it in the old cas version. Sorry if you thin I should post to a new thread.

Best,

Xin
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to cas-user+u...@apereo.org.

--
Xin

--
CAS gitter chatroom: https://gitter.im/apereo/cas

Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/a/apereo.org/group/cas-user/.

Xin Gong

Oct 17, 2016, 3:42:44 PM10/17/16
to jasig-cas-user, xing...@gmail.com, cas-...@apereo.org, dkopy...@unicon.net

Xin

--
CAS gitter chatroom: https://gitter.im/apereo/cas

Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/a/apereo.org/group/cas-user/.

Xin Gong

Oct 17, 2016, 3:42:52 PM10/17/16
to jasig-cas-user, xing...@gmail.com, cas-...@apereo.org, dkopy...@unicon.net
Hi Dmitriy,

I don't know where to put the password if I add accept."authn.users=casuser::Mellon" to cas.propreties.  So I use FileAuthenticationHandler.

I added <alias name="fileAuthenticationHandler" alias="primaryAuthenticationHandler" /> in deployerConfigContext.xml and created people.txt in the same folder with deployerConfigContext.xml

> cat people.txt
scott::password
bob::password

I got the following error:
>tail catalina.2016-10-17.log
Oct 17, 2016 11:09:51 AM org.apache.coyote.http11.AbstractHttp11Processor process
INFO: Error parsing HTTP request header
 Note: further occurrences of HTTP header parsing errors will be logged at DEBUG level.
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Invalid character found in method name. HTTP method names must be tokens
        at org.apache.coyote.http11.InternalInputBuffer.parseRequestLine(InternalInputBuffer.java:135)
        at org.apache.coyote.http11.AbstractHttp11Processor.process(AbstractHttp11Processor.java:996)
        at org.apache.coyote.AbstractProtocol$AbstractConnectionHandler.process(AbstractProtocol.java:623)
        at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.JIoEndpoint$SocketProcessor.run(JIoEndpoint.java:316)
        at org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.TaskThread$WrappingRunnable.run(TaskThread.java:61)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

one possible reason is I didn't disable https. I only know how to do it in the old cas version. Sorry if you thin I should post to a new thread.

Best,

Xin

On Friday, October 14, 2016 at 1:14:43 PM UTC-4, Dmitriy Kopylenko wrote:

Xin