(Ask) CAS 5.2 Basic Installation Step by Step

Fahmi L. Ramdhani

May 17, 2018, 10:23:23 AM5/17/18
to CAS Community
Hello,

I started a cas installation through https://github.com/apereo/cas-overlay-template. After that I confused how the next configuration. I have read the CAS documentation, but I do not understand that. Please help him to the authentication process succeed.

How can I set up service and users, as well as user data stored in MySQL.

Thanks.

Matthew Uribe

May 17, 2018, 10:36:19 AM5/17/18
to CAS Community

Fahmi L. Ramdhani

May 17, 2018, 11:05:36 AM5/17/18
to CAS Community
All will try https://dacurry-tns.github.io/deploying-apereo-cas guides. Thanks Matthew Uribe.

Fahmi L. Ramdhani

May 22, 2018, 6:27:58 PM5/22/18
to CAS Community
Hello,

After I tried the guide from https://dacurry-tns.github.io/deploying-apereo-cas, overall setup no problem. My virtual address at https://cas.example.org:8443/cas/login

# cd mycas
# ./mvnw clean package
# sudo sh ./cassrv-tarball.sh (result is success)
# sudo sh ./cassrv-install.sh (result is"installation completed")

After that I open my virtual address url https://cas.example.org:8443/cas/login, but not accessible (It seems port is not active). Why does tomcat service not run port 8443? Though tomcat service active (green).

Thanks for help

David Curry

May 22, 2018, 6:33:37 PM5/22/18
to cas-...@apereo.org
Check the Tomcat log file (catalina.out) for errors. You should see it starting up the CAS service, etc. Also check the CAS log file.

David A. Curry,  CISSP
Director of Information Security
The New School - Information Technology
71 Fifth Ave., 9th Fl. ~ New York, NY 10003
+1 212 229-5300 x4728david...@newschool.edu
Sent from my phone; please excuse typos and inane auto-corrections.

--
- Website: https://apereo.github.io/cas
- Contributions: https://goo.gl/mh7qDG

Fahmi L. Ramdhani

May 22, 2018, 6:39:38 PM5/22/18
to CAS Community
Okay. I will try again and will share the results on this topic. Thank you.

Fahmi L. Ramdhani

May 23, 2018, 12:38:16 PM5/23/18
to CAS Community
In addition to the above guides, is there a specific guide for deploying CAS 5.x Ubuntu Server 16.04?

Matthew Uribe

May 23, 2018, 1:16:51 PM5/23/18
to CAS Community
Not that I've seen. You could always try your luck with Google, but I'd imaging most results would lead you back to this group or the CAS official docs.

I would still recommend David's docs. There may be some diversions, such as the use of apt rather than yum, but you should be able to work through that with the help of Ubuntu docs and community.

If Red Hat licensing is your issue, you could use CentOS, and it would match what's in the documentation that David Curry wrote.
Message has been deleted

Fahmi L. Ramdhani

May 23, 2018, 1:49:27 PM5/23/18
to CAS Community
Yes, I am currently following the guide written by David. I need to be careful that all components work properly. I will describe here when it is done. Thanks.