How to improve the run flow.

Donghua Liu

Apr 9, 2018, 9:53:32 AM4/9/18
to CAS Community
I am using cas-overlay-template project, this is an excellent work, I frequently overwrite the default configurations. And I need to first build the war package via mvn clean package, and then run it with java -jar target/cas.war
Is there any convenient method to speed up these process like spring-boot does.
Any advice would be appreciated!

I tried to write a simple Application.java which like ordinary spring-boot application, and run it, but not work as expected, I also tried mvn spring-boot:run, still not work.

Andy Ng

Apr 10, 2018, 12:08:30 AM4/10/18
to CAS Community
On Windows, You can use "build run". On Linux "./build.sh run" see [https://github.com/apereo/cas-overlay-template] ,

also I would suggest using "build xxx" instead of "mvn xxx" in most use case,
CAS have some additional steps bundle in after running mvn xxx (from what I can see), so better use the official recommended compile method.

Cheers!
- Andy