CAS 5 RC3: redirect to /login on 404?

Baron Fujimoto

Oct 5, 2016, 3:25:35 PM10/5/16
to CAS Users
Another difference that has been noted between our CAS 3.4.x and
CAS 5.0 is that CAS 3 appears to redirect to the /login endpoint
for 404s whereas CAS 5 RC3 goes to a 404 page. I don't see where
I might have configured our CAS 3 to redirect to /login for 404,
so I'm assuming this was the previous default? Is there a way to
configure this behaviour for CAS 5, or is this now inadvisable?

-baron
--
Baron Fujimoto <ba...@hawaii.edu> :: UH Information Technology Services
minutas cantorum, minutas balorum, minutas carboratum desendus pantorum

Baron Fujimoto

Oct 13, 2016, 7:00:56 PM10/13/16
to CAS Users
On Wed, Oct 05, 2016 at 09:25:21AM -1000, Baron Fujimoto wrote:
>Another difference that has been noted between our CAS 3.4.x and
>CAS 5.0 is that CAS 3 appears to redirect to the /login endpoint
>for 404s whereas CAS 5 RC3 goes to a 404 page. I don't see where
>I might have configured our CAS 3 to redirect to /login for 404,
>so I'm assuming this was the previous default? Is there a way to
>configure this behaviour for CAS 5, or is this now inadvisable?

Following up: advisability notwithstanding, this can be done by
using an overlay for

src/main/resources/templates/error/404.html

to do the redirect to /login