ldaptive password policy request

Pablo Vidaurri

Jan 7, 2022, 11:29:46 PM1/7/22
to CAS Community
Im getting the following error when authenticating a user against LDAP:

[org.ldaptive.auth.Authenticator]
authenticationResultCode=AUTHENTICATION_HANDLER_FAILURE, resultCode=INSUFFICIENT_ACCESS_RIGHTS, matchedDN=, diagnosticMessage=The request control with Object Identifier (OID) "1.3.6.1.4.1.42.2.27.8.5.1" cannot be used due to insufficient access rights, referralURLs=[], messageID=3, controls=[]]

Is there any way to stop ldaptive from requesting this OID attribute from ldap? I've already tried including
cas-server-core-api-configuration-model dependency
and setting
cas.authn.ldap[0].passwordPolicy.enabled:   false

I don't wish to check for password policy and I don't want to involve another team to make changes to ldap.

-psv

Pablo Vidaurri

Jan 8, 2022, 5:16:03 PM1/8/22
to CAS Community, Pablo Vidaurri
I had to modify cas LdapUtils to work around it. I've also put in a request to add a property to avoid the custom code change.