What configuration for ticket 5.2 ?

vallee.romain

Feb 27, 2018, 3:09:11 AM2/27/18
to CAS Community
Hello,

i try to setup jasig TGC for this use case :

When i check rememberMe : 1 months without need to enter login.password

When i don't check rememberme : 7 hours unless i close the brother . If i close the brother, i would like to have login/password prompte at next login.

I think rememberMe if ok .

But when i try to closed/open the brother, the session is already up .

# cas.tgc.path=
cas.tgc.maxAge=-1
# cas.tgc.domain=
cas.tgc.secure=false
cas.tgc.rememberMeMaxAge=1350000
cas.tgc.encryptionKey=xxxxxxxxxxx
cas.tgc.signingKey=xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
cas.tgc.cipherEnabled=true

# #remember me 31 days in seconds
# # Set to a negative value to never expire tickets
cas.ticket.tgt.maxTimeToLiveInSeconds=1350000
cas.ticket.tgt.timeToKillInSeconds=7200
cas.ticket.tgt.rememberMe.enabled=true
cas.ticket.tgt.rememberMe.timeToKillInSeconds=1350000
cas.ticket.tgt.timeout.maxTimeToLiveInSeconds=1350000
##
#Throttled Timeout
##
cas.ticket.tgt.throttledTimeout.timeToKillInSeconds=28800
cas.ticket.tgt.throttledTimeout.timeInBetweenUsesInSeconds=5
cas.ticket.tgt.hardTimeout.timeToKillInSeconds=28800

Have you got an idea ?

Best regards

Romain

Man H

Feb 27, 2018, 7:29:34 AM2/27/18
to cas-...@apereo.org
Try this

cas.ticket.tgt.maxTimeToLiveInSeconds=25200
cas.ticket.tgt.rememberMe.enabled=true
cas.ticket.tgt.rememberMe.timeToKillInSeconds=2592000

To test these set lower values.
Also dont use secure=false
--
- Website: https://apereo.github.io/cas
- Contributions: https://goo.gl/mh7qDG

vallee.romain

Feb 27, 2018, 9:52:13 AM2/27/18
to CAS Community
Thank you for your answer .

Now i got this

cas.tgc.maxAge=-1
# cas.tgc.domain=
#cas.tgc.secure=false
#cas.tgc.rememberMeMaxAge=1350000
cas.tgc.encryptionKey=kGF9P2ZuU0ovlaCWxhiHix1bxH2pGfqlG5qGzqdxjY4
cas.tgc.signingKey=K5yrl7ThQ5wwX8pbtEgdHF4aDuwUwFkHmhARzSRdNvNpXF1FFk_sYIgRHZZVJWdlMlGecQ-bePNlf0pexIzj2A
cas.tgc.cipherEnabled=true

# #remember me 31 days in seconds
# # Set to a negative value to never expire tickets
cas.ticket.tgt.maxTimeToLiveInSeconds=25200
#cas.ticket.tgt.timeToKillInSeconds=7200
cas.ticket.tgt.rememberMe.enabled=true
cas.ticket.tgt.rememberMe.timeToKillInSeconds=1350000
#cas.ticket.tgt.timeout.maxTimeToLiveInSeconds=1350000
##
#Throttled Timeout
##
#cas.ticket.tgt.throttledTimeout.timeToKillInSeconds=28800
#cas.ticket.tgt.throttledTimeout.timeInBetweenUsesInSeconds=5
#cas.ticket.tgt.hardTimeout.timeToKillInSeconds=28800

And session keep alive when i close my web browser . :'(
Try this

Man H

Feb 27, 2018, 10:37:28 AM2/27/18
to cas-...@apereo.org
Put only those properties.
To end your cas session you have to logout  redirect to login page from your application otherwise you will get that behaviour.

El martes, 27 de febrero de 2018, vallee.romain <vallee...@gmail.com> escribió:
[...]

Le mardi 27 février 2018 13:29:34 UTC+1, Manfredo Hopp a écrit :
Try this

- Website: https://apereo.github.io/cas
- Contributions: https://goo.gl/mh7qDG

Man H

Feb 27, 2018, 10:43:54 AM2/27/18
to cas-...@apereo.org
 As for tgc properties leave them unchanged.

 Pd: closing browser does not end cas session.
Put only those properties.

Ray Bon

Feb 27, 2018, 11:23:57 AM2/27/18
to cas-...@apereo.org
Romain,

I guess cas.tgc.remeberMeMaxAge overrides cas.tgc.maxAge.
If you want your session to end when browser is closed, leave out cas.tgc.rememberMeMaxAge.

Ray
--
Ray Bon
Programmer analyst

vallee.romain

Feb 28, 2018, 3:27:32 AM2/28/18
to CAS Community
Thank you all for your response.
I'm surprised the TGC stays after the browser closes.

For me, if we didn't check "Remember Me", we had authentication per session and not a cookie.

#cas.tgc.secure=false
#cas.tgc.rememberMeMaxAge=1350000
cas.tgc.encryptionKey=kGF9P2ZuU0ovlaCWxhiHix1bxH2pGfqlG5qGzqdxjY4
cas.tgc.signingKey=K5yrl7ThQ5wwX8pbtEgdHF4aDuwUwFkHmhARzSRdNvNpXF1FFk_sYIgRHZZVJWdlMlGecQ-bePNlf0pexIzj2A
cas.tgc.cipherEnabled=true

# #remember me 31 days in seconds
# # Set to a negative value to never expire tickets
cas.ticket.tgt.maxTimeToLiveInSeconds=25200
#cas.ticket.tgt.timeToKillInSeconds=7200
cas.ticket.tgt.rememberMe.enabled=true
cas.ticket.tgt.rememberMe.timeToKillInSeconds=1350000
#cas.ticket.tgt.timeout.maxTimeToLiveInSeconds=1350000

This is my new configuration.
but the TGC cookie still remains after the closing of the web browser.
In version 4.2 of jasig, if we closed the browser, the session was no longer maintained.

Man H

Feb 28, 2018, 7:47:00 AM2/28/18
to cas-...@apereo.org

Check maxage within cookie
--
- Website: https://apereo.github.io/cas
- Contributions: https://goo.gl/mh7qDG

vallee.romain

Feb 28, 2018, 8:33:22 AM2/28/18
to CAS Community
Without check rememberme.

the tgc cookie is present .

And for cas.ticket.tgt.rememberMe.timeToKillInSeconds=1350000

I don't find documentation on tgt , tgc ... :(

Man H

Feb 28, 2018, 8:56:24 AM2/28/18
to cas-...@apereo.org
Cookies hace maxage inside what says yours
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to cas-user+unsubscribe@apereo.org.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/a/apereo.org/d/msgid/cas-user/4ac13b2f-6f76-4fc5-a725-de306a8972fe%40apereo.org.

vallee.romain

Feb 28, 2018, 9:05:18 AM2/28/18
to CAS Community
i don't find maxage into the cookie

Man H

Feb 28, 2018, 10:17:31 AM2/28/18
to cas-...@apereo.org
Imágenes integradas 1

its expires

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/a/apereo.org/d/msgid/cas-user/c01f8ab4-20c1-460f-bccd-7798ecc97d53%40apereo.org.

Ray Bon

Feb 28, 2018, 12:24:17 PM2/28/18
to cas-...@apereo.org
Romain,

You still need cas.tgc.maxAge=-1. No sure what the default is (may be a couple weeks) but setting a cookie maxAge to less than 0 will cause the cookie to be discarded by the browser when it closes. It will stay active in the browser as long as the browser is open, the lifetime of the CAS session can be managed with cas.ticket.tgt properties.

Ray

vallee.romain

Mar 1, 2018, 3:40:48 AM3/1/18
to CAS Community
Thank you Rbon,

I just try with maxage=-1
but session is stile alive without check rememberMe checkbox.
and a
cas.ticket.tgt.rememberMe.timeToKillInSeconds=1350000 is generate .

# cas.tgc.path=
cas.tgc.maxAge=-1
# cas.tgc.domain=
#cas.tgc.secure=false
#cas.tgc.rememberMeMaxAge=1350000
cas.tgc.encryptionKey=kGF9P2ZuU0ovlaCWxhiHix1bxH2pGfqlG5qGzqdxjY4
cas.tgc.signingKey=K5yrl7ThQ5wwX8pbtEgdHF4aDuwUwFkHmhARzSRdNvNpXF1FFk_sYIgRHZZVJWdlMlGecQ-bePNlf0pexIzj2A
cas.tgc.cipherEnabled=true

# #remember me 31 days in seconds
# # Set to a negative value to never expire tickets
cas.ticket.tgt.maxTimeToLiveInSeconds=25200
#cas.ticket.tgt.timeToKillInSeconds=7200
cas.ticket.tgt.rememberMe.enabled=true
cas.ticket.tgt.rememberMe.timeToKillInSeconds=1350000

May be it's a bug?

Ray Bon

Mar 1, 2018, 12:44:49 PM3/1/18
to cas-...@apereo.org
To be clear, what do you mean by 'session'?

CAS has a login session identified by the life of the TGT.
Your application (service) has a session identified by whatever mechanism it chooses (probably a cookie).
Your browser has a session with CAS identified by TGC.

Each of these 'sessions' can expire without impact of any other.
cas.tgc.maxAge=-1 only affects TGC and requires your browser to be closed (maybe even all windows). When the TGC is removed, no new SSO will take place (no way to recover TGT). When TGT expires, no new SSO will take place. To end your session on the service, you have to log out of the service or remove the cookies it sets (perhaps set its maxAge=-1).

Ray

vallee.romain

Mar 2, 2018, 5:41:09 AM3/2/18
to CAS Community
Thank you Ray for your anwser.

But, when cas.tgc.maxAge=-1, it's doesn't affect TGC ticket and when i restart browser, TGC is not removed.

I connect to my cas server :

Without rememberMe

SuccessFull

I close my browser and i open.

and i'm still connected

and yet my cas.tgc.maxAge value is -1

Ray Bon

Mar 2, 2018, 12:06:57 PM3/2/18
to cas-...@apereo.org
Looked at my config again and noticed this (not sure how I missed it before):

# default is P14D
# used to set maxAge on user selection of remember me at login
# it is always set regardless of user choice; this is a bug to investigate
cas.tgc.rememberMeMaxAge=-1

Try setting cas.tgc.rememberMeMaxAge to -1 as well.
I just have not had time to dig into this.

Ray

vallee.romain

Mar 4, 2018, 9:40:32 AM3/4/18
to CAS Community
HI ray,
try cas.tgc.rememberMeMaxAge instead of which value ?

cas.tgc.maxAge=-1
# cas.tgc.domain=
#cas.tgc.secure=false
#cas.tgc.rememberMeMaxAge=1350000
cas.tgc.encryptionKey=kGF9P2ZuU0ovlaCWxhiHix1bxH2pGfqlG5qGzqdxjY4
cas.tgc.signingKey=K5yrl7ThQ5wwX8pbtEgdHF4aDuwUwFkHmhARzSRdNvNpXF1FFk_sYIgRHZZVJWdlMlGecQ-bePNlf0pexIzj2A
cas.tgc.cipherEnabled=true

# #remember me 31 days in seconds
# # Set to a negative value to never expire tickets
cas.ticket.tgt.maxTimeToLiveInSeconds=25200
#cas.ticket.tgt.timeToKillInSeconds=7200
cas.ticket.tgt.rememberMe.enabled=true
cas.ticket.tgt.rememberMe.timeToKillInSeconds=1350000

What is P14D ??

vallee.romain

Mar 4, 2018, 9:47:03 AM3/4/18
to CAS Community
I find, may be its a bug !!

Ray Bon

Mar 5, 2018, 12:12:34 PM3/5/18
to cas-...@apereo.org
Set it to -1.

Ray

vallee.romain

Mar 5, 2018, 3:35:27 PM3/5/18
to CAS Community
But -1 to rememberme i will have Infinite Time cookie,no ?

Ray Bon

Mar 5, 2018, 3:48:26 PM3/5/18
to cas-...@apereo.org
I think there is a bug with the way the values are processed (just have not had time to verify). What you want is your cookie to have a maxAge of -1. Oddly, the rememberMeMaxAge will be used to set this value.
The cookie will last as long as your browser is open. When your browser closes the cookie will be removed.

Ray