CAS 5.2

Cheltenham, Chris

Feb 23, 2018, 8:36:07 AM2/23/18
to cas-...@apereo.org

Hello Everyone,

I am sure most folks change the default landing page AFTER you get login to work.

It looks like it lands on a page called casGenericSuccessView.html.

My question is how do you change that page?

===========================

Thank You;

Chris Cheltenham
Technology Services
The School District of Philadelphia

Work # 215-400-5025
Cell # 215-301-6571

image001.gif

David Curry

Feb 23, 2018, 8:55:38 AM2/23/18
to cas-...@apereo.org
In theory, people shouldn't ever see that page, because they should be hitting the CAS server from an application, which they then get sent back to after authenticating.

The only time you'll see this page is if go to "/cas/login" with no "?service=" parameter. And if you set the CAS server to send people to a default service when they do that (I forget what the setting is), you won't even see it then.

But... there a couple of helpful posts from the forum on how to change all the pages. I followed these for doing ours (which I'll write up in my document when I get a chance):

In my case, the only thing I did to casGenericSuccessView.html was change the layout line to include my theme's layout (see the links above), which resulted in adding the theme's header, background, footer, etc.

--Dave

--

DAVID A. CURRY, CISSP
DIRECTOR OF INFORMATION SECURITY

71 FIFTH AVE., 9TH FL., NEW YORK, NY 10003
+1 212 229-5300 x4728david...@newschool.edu

The New School

--
- Website: https://apereo.github.io/cas
- Contributions: https://goo.gl/mh7qDG

Ray Bon

Feb 23, 2018, 12:35:47 PM2/23/18
to cas-...@apereo.org
Chris,

cas.view.defaultRedirectUrl=

Ray
--
Ray Bon
Programmer analyst

Cheltenham, Chris

Feb 23, 2018, 12:43:06 PM2/23/18
to cas-...@apereo.org

Ray,

I appreciate that but I don’t know what you mean.

===========================

Thank You;

Chris Cheltenham
Technology Services
The School District of Philadelphia

Work # 215-400-5025
Cell # 215-301-6571

--

- Website: https://apereo.github.io/cas
- Contributions: https://goo.gl/mh7qDG

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/a/apereo.org/d/msgid/cas-user/1519407337.1765.69.camel%40uvic.ca.

Ray Bon

Feb 23, 2018, 12:59:21 PM2/23/18
to cas-...@apereo.org
It is a property in cas.properties (or whatever file you are using for properties). If a login request does not have a service parameter, the redirect goes to this value.

Ray

Uxío

Feb 23, 2018, 1:28:51 PM2/23/18
to cas-...@apereo.org
Hi,
I've known a CAS customisation where after logging in from no particular CASified service an attribute would be passed for a default redirect URL to then re redirect the user to a particular default service for that particular user (the thing is really just a little bit more complicated than that, but let hold there).

Is there any CAS facility, contrib module or artifact to help sinking that responsibility in CAS or nearer to it in a simple single-responsibility well-known _service_? And more importantly, which is roughly the best practice at this requirement?

Thanks, have a nice weekend, regards,

Sent from my iPhone