2 "Username" Options and How it Works with Attributes

John D Giotta

May 24, 2018, 2:25:29 PM5/24/18
to CAS Community
I have this requirement where we're supposed to allow users to sign-in with either an email address or a phone number.

1) Can I tailor CAS for either of those 2 options?

2) When it comes to attributes, how do I pair that user (because the user id is different) with the attributes clause?

Paulo Oliveros

May 25, 2018, 7:10:13 PM5/25/18
to CAS Community
Try doing two ldap entries. It will search for phone first, if not found will search using email next

cas.authn.ldap[0].type=AUTHENTICATED
cas.authn.ldap[0].ldapUrl=
cas.authn.ldap[0].connectTimeout=5000
cas.authn.ldap[0].baseDn=
cas.authn.ldap[0].userFilter=(telephoneNumber={user})
cas.authn.ldap[0].subtreeSearch=true

cas.authn.ldap[1].type=AUTHENTICATED
cas.authn.ldap[1].ldapUrl=
cas.authn.ldap[1].connectTimeout=5000
cas.authn.ldap[1].baseDn=
cas.authn.ldap[1].userFilter=(email={user})
cas.authn.ldap[1].subtreeSearch=true

John D Giotta

Jun 20, 2018, 10:39:30 AM6/20/18
to CAS Community
How do obtain the primary ID to be passed to a user attributes with this implementation?