CAS 5.3.x - One authentication source per service

Juliano Destroe

Jan 21, 2019, 9:38:55 AM1/21/19
to CAS Community
Hello,

I've been working on CAS for some time now with two authentication sources: LDAP with AD and JDBC with Postgresql. No problem for configuration though I have a question: by having several services (one for each application) can I designate one of these authentication source for a service?

Best regards,
Juliano

Andy Ng

Jan 24, 2019, 8:13:48 PM1/24/19
to CAS Community
Hi Juliano,

requiredHandlersSet of authentication handler names that must successfully authenticate credentials in order to access the service. If defined, only the selected required handlers are chosen to respond to authentication requests from this registered service. See this guide for more details.

Don't use it myself so I don't know if it work as intended, I suggest you to try it and see if it work for your scenario.

Cheers!
- Andy

Juliano Destroe

Jan 25, 2019, 4:29:42 AM1/25/19
to CAS Community
First of all, thank you for your answer!

So I managed to go through all the documentation and miss that. Indeed it works.

I have two services for this, one that must use a database and the other my LDAP server and indeed the expected result is the right one.

Thanks again Andy,
Cheers!

Juliano

Andy Ng

Jan 25, 2019, 4:37:58 AM1/25/19
to CAS Community
Awesome! Guess it actually work, great. -Andy

Juliano Destroe

Jan 25, 2019, 5:24:07 AM1/25/19
to CAS Community
Also the handler used when using query (cas.authn.jdbc.query[0].driverClass=org.postgresql.Driver) is QueryDatabaseAuthenticationHandler.

So in your json file to declare the service add this line:
"requiredHandlers" : [ "java.util.HashSet", [ "QueryDatabaseAuthenticationHandler" ] ],

Jeffrey Ramsay

Jan 25, 2019, 8:10:25 AM1/25/19
to CAS Community
Great news! How would you reference a second handler, for example, a definition of:  cas.authn.jdbc.query[1]

Would this default to some form of fall through authentication by handler?

-Jeff

--
- Website: https://apereo.github.io/cas
- Contributions: https://goo.gl/mh7qDG