Return uid in attribute list?

Mike Osterman

Aug 12, 2019, 10:43:35 PM8/12/19
to CAS Developer
Hello,

We're new to "modern" CAS (moving from 3.x to 5.x), and have run into an issue. We configured an attribute release filter to return mail & uid:

"attributeReleasePolicy" : {
"@class" : "org.apereo.cas.services.ReturnAllowedAttributeReleasePolicy",
"allowedAttributes" : [ "java.util.ArrayList", [ "mail", "uid" ] ]
}

But for some reason, the response is coming back with only "mail" in the attribute list and the uid listed as property called "id":

principal=SimplePrincipal(id=username, attributes={mail=[username@whitman.edu]}),requiredAttributes={}

I found this reference to the "principalIdAttribute" that states "By default, the principal id is NOT released as an attribute."

I can see where we have it listed as principalIdAttribute in our config:
cas.authn.ldap[0].principalAttributeId=uid

So I can see why it's mapping to the principal id and would not release by default, but I can't discern from the documentation how to change the default behavior to release it as part of the attribute list.

Any ideas?

Thanks!
Mike

Mike Osterman

Aug 14, 2019, 12:13:39 AM8/14/19
to CAS Developer
Also, if this is the incorrect list for this question, can you please indicate for which CAS list this question is better suited?