CAS Client for NodeJS

Michel Blaze

Nov 2, 2019, 7:10:07 AM11/2/19
to CAS Developer
Hello,

I am developing an order management application for ENSIM and I have to use
their CAS from the Maine University(https://cas.univ-lemans.fr/cas/). They use Apereo CAS server. I have seen
that you offer CAS clients for apache,php,java and.NET but I use a
NodeJS server with Express framework. I tried unsuccessfully to connect  CAS with the NPM module "case-client-node".

Do you offer solutions/modules for NodeJS servers?

Best regards

Steve Hillman

Nov 2, 2019, 1:46:32 PM11/2/19
to Michel Blaze, CAS Developer
There’s another one out there called “node-cas”. A colleague of mine forked it and made some minor bug fixes. You can find it here: https://github.com/grahamb/node-cas

We’ve used that module for a number of our Node projects without issue. Have a look at GitHub.com/sfu/snap (in /server/auth-middleware). That’s an Express app that supports both CAS and OAuth authentication  - you’ll see redirects to CAS if it's an interactive login

Steve Hillman
IT Architect | IT Services
SH1032 | Simon Fraser University
8888 University Dr., Burnaby, B.C. V5A 1S6
T: 778.782.3960 | M: 604.306.3366www.sfu.ca/itservices
Twitter: @sfu_it

Thach Le

Nov 2, 2019, 10:27:35 PM11/2/19
to Steve Hillman, Michel Blaze, CAS Developer

Try to use “https://github.com/kylepixel/cas-authentication”.

My team make successfully a demo of it with Cas Apereo Server.

Thach N. Le

Learning is to build your own assets!

Michel Blaze

Nov 4, 2019, 12:44:47 AM11/4/19
to CAS Developer
Wow thanks you so much for that answers. I'll try these differents solutions.I  just have a last question about the "cas-authentication" module. I know that they will migrate the cas-server to a more recent version (5.3 I think). Does the cas-authentication module will support it ?

Michel Blaze

Nov 4, 2019, 1:04:13 AM11/4/19
to CAS Developer

Le lundi 4 novembre 2019 06:44:47 UTC+1, Michel Blaze a écrit :
Wow thanks you so much for that answers. I'll try these differents solutions.So I have yet some questions. I know that they will migrate the cas-server to a more recent version (5.3 I think). Does the cas-authentication module will support it ? About the Cas-Client for Apache the tickets are stored in /var/lib/cas/ , but what concerning the Cas-Authentication module ? If I need to use their certificate (I have the .pem files) do you have any ideas how can I process with the Express Server ?