Support for OAuth 2.0 Token Exchange in CAS

Max Tritschler

Aug 28, 2019, 8:52:55 AM8/28/19
to CAS Developer
Hi there,

we're looking at a usecase where we would need to migrate an existing system for token-based authentication to CAS. We would like to avoid asking users to login again, and instead use something like the OAuth 2.0 Token Exchange protocol extension. Is this already supported in CAS or at least somewhere on the roadmap? A quick search through the docs and source code do not indicate any related features, but maybe I missed something.

Cheers, Max

Misagh Moayyed

Sep 2, 2019, 1:14:26 AM9/2/19
to Max Tritschler, CAS Developer
You haven’t. We have played around with this a bit, but nothing concrete is worked out. You’re most welcome to add it in [1].