dav1d 1.2.0 release

Jean-Baptiste Kempf

May 6, 2023, 1:20:10 PM5/6/23
to av1-d...@aomedia.org
Hello folks,

We've released dav1d 1.2.0, the fast cross-platform AV1 software decoder.

Since the 1.0.0 tag, we've focused on the smaller optimizations left, notably z1/z2/z3 (8bpc and hbd) and a few other small optimizations (refmvs, itx 12bpc,...). This should improve performance everywhere, but AVIF decoding should benefit more from this.

Also, there were a large number of optimizations for AVX-512 CPUs.

Finally, quite a few fixes on conformance and API improvements.

The ABI is unchanged, and the release is quite small, it should be safe to upgrade :)

Best,

--
Jean-Baptiste Kempf
http://www.jbkempf.com/