dav1d 0.9.1 release

Jean-Baptiste Kempf

Aug 1, 2021, 12:26:01 PM8/1/21
to av1-d...@aomedia.org
Dear AV1 folks,

We just released dav1d 0.9.1, the AV1 decoder:

I've posted about some earlier releases of dav1d, but this one is quite notable, since we've almost finished the optimizations for all platforms and all bitdepth (8/10/12bit) and dav1d is now reaching around 140,000 lines of code written in assembly.

This covers x86 (AVX-2, SSSE3 32bit, SSSE3 64bits) and ARM (32bit and 64bit) and 8/10/12 bit, with all major tools (including film grain).

More details can be found here:

Please note that some minor optimizations are not done (like z1/z2/z3), but they should not impact decoding speed.
The work on dav1d will continue to improve the API and some minor other tasks.

Best,

--
Jean-Baptiste Kempf
President of VideoLAN