‘temporal_group_temporal_switching_up_point_flag[i]’

Rajeev Tiwari

Nov 3, 2021, 4:18:32 AM11/3/21
to AV1 Discussion
Folks, one quick question?
Can we consider a frame in the temporal group of an AV1 coded
bitstream with ‘temporal_group_temporal_switching_up_point_flag[i]’
equal to 1 as the equivalent of an STSA since it is providing a point
to switch from one temporal layer to another?

1. If yes, how can we show that STSA (a step-wise temporal sub-layer
access or STSA) picture (correspondence frame in AV1) be the lowest on
the temporal sub-layer.
2. Can we consider the i'th frame in the temporal group as the STSA
picture provided it should contain a picture from the second
scalability layer? I wish to check if the temporal group contains
information about the image of the scalability layer?

Thanks
Raj

Rajeev Tiwari

Nov 4, 2021, 2:55:08 AM11/4/21
to AV1 Discussion
Good evening, Can someone provide any insights to my questions below?
--

----
Thanks

Rajeev Tiwari

Nov 5, 2021, 2:31:42 AM11/5/21
to AV1 Discussion, Wan-Teh Chang
Wan-Teh Chang
Can you please provide some info or insights on this?
--

----
Thanks

James Zern

Nov 5, 2021, 10:25:18 PM11/5/21
to av1-d...@aomedia.org
Hi,

I'm not quite clear on the question here. The semantics are defined in the spec [1]. Do you have a more concrete example to illustrate the question?

Thanks
Raj