Re: [av1-discuss] Digest for av1-discuss@aomedia.org - 1 update in 1 topic

unrealtechno

Nov 25, 2022, 2:01:25 AM11/25/22
to av1-d...@aomedia.org
Just fuсking do it. Do things not from your personal name rather from a business that can deal with that sort of thing.
 You can also share things via Google Docs, on Discord and so many places. Put it on github and sync it to other places such as wayback gitlab local copy etc.

If you get rich based on your work then you can take care of that abstraction layer.
If you do not get rich - then isolate yourself and keep working.

If you feel that someone have died during RnD then give them license fee. If they didn't die - maybe don't give them nothing because you could have had the same idea if you just took some LZD microsode for example even without having all the facts.

Simple.

On Fri, Nov 25, 2022 at 8:18 AM <av1-d...@aomedia.org> wrote:
kwang son <kwan...@yahoo.com>: Nov 24 05:28AM -0800

Hi all,

I hope this is right place to ask.
I'm interested in DSP hardware and want to open it as open-source.
I googled about AV1 patent issue and it makes me more confused about it.

My question is simple.
If I upload on github verilog code about AV1 decoder(encoder maybe) is it
safe to do it?
moreover if someone make real hardware from it, also safe from patent issue?